Decent Hair transplantation clinics in Europe?

2 hours ago, Danekk said:

Thank you once again. I would say the budget is around 5000-6000 Euro for first surgery, if higher I probably go with Freitas. Location of the clinic doesn't really matter that much. I have a European student permit as of now, so EU is accessible. Probably US and UK are a less clear case only. But your point about postponing a surgery until I get a job and cover it at least partially came to my mind several times as well. Maybe it is wiser.

In 5000-6000 euros i can recommend turkey as your graft count will be higher. but don't worry i will mention single surgeon clinics mostly and not hairmills. Please dont take the order of surgeons as ranking. 

1) Fuecapilar- it has two surgeons dr Turan and dr Gur.

Turan is the senior one and does DHI. Turan gives standard package at price of 3500 euros for 3000 grafts. (there are different packages according to graft count but i wrote the price they offer for 3000 grafts). turan sometimes has waiting list of 8 months. unless you take someone's cancellation date. turan does hairline design ,  slit making and manual extraction at crucial stages where he thinks transection rate can be higher. Implantation and extraction of most grafts done by techs.

Gur is slightly less experienced than turan so booking him is slightly easier and not much waiting period. his cost is 3000 euros. grafts depends on your need but i dont think they also do more than 3k grafts in single day. he also offers a vip package where along with hairline design, slit making which standard package has , he also does the extraction of grafts using motorized tool. Implantation done by techs. he charges 1.5 euros per graft for it.

2) HDC cyprus : dr maras and dr christina come at packages of 2.4 and 2.2 euros per graft respectively. they do design, slit making in recipient are and punching in donor area. extraction and implantation done by techs. 

3) dr bicer will come at 2.5 euros per graft so you can get 2400 grafts with her. With her your graft count goes down so dont know if you can consider her or not. You can try to get a qoute and try to see if cancellation date of someone else gets you a discounted price for 3000 grafts. She is one of the top recommended surgeons in turkey. You can find lot of cases of her here. She is very experienced.

below 2 are notable mentions but just read to know their names. 

4) dr kaan pekiner price is 2.7 euros per graft (next year its 2.85) which makes it out of your budget considering graft needed. But i doubt he will take you as you havent been on meds yet and are higher norwood and we see pekiner take upto nw 4 mostly. there are talks lately on reddit that his nw 5-6 cases will come soon. (as he took some higher norwood lately but dont know if its true). He according to me is best in turkey so have to mention him but as a notable mention only due to budget. He does design, extraction and implantation all by himself with techs assisting him in slightly in each step. He does 1500 grafts max for a day and does a single surgery a day. He will work probably 2 days or 3 days on you with you as only patient. But he charges good for these things too.

5) there is HLC ankara too which is famous. and pekiner used to work here earlier before he went solo. they also charge 2.7 euros per graft like pekiner currently. They have many surgeons and demerit is you cant choose surgeon. They will assign you 2 surgeons with techs. One surgeon will do extraction and other implantation with techs assiting them. This thing of not knowing who operates on you is little risky. There are also out of your budget.

note: There is also dr yaman and dr demisroy in turkey but i think you dont want to go that lower price( they are cheaper than fuecapilar in most packages). the above 5 are better and are the best in turkey.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

De freitas is a value for money option imo...still you can check out dr saifi and dr custodio....i would repeat what the above posters said that the side effects are rare and even if you are the unlucky one and get some side effects than you can stop the medication and you will be fine...so you can try it...that will help you to preserve your hair for long..

This simply isn't true. Side effects can remain for years after a person stops taking Finasteride. There is a reason there are lawsuits and a whole forum dedicated to long term effects of fin

It is a risk.

30 minutes ago, coolbreeze said:

This simply isn't true. Side effects can remain for years after a person stops taking Finasteride. There is a reason there are lawsuits and a whole forum dedicated to long term effects of fin

It is a risk.

there were 8 million active prescriptions of finasteride in the US alone in 2020 (globally it must be much higher since usa population is only like 4.2 percent of global population). the number of active users on forums like propeciahelp is less then 5k (not even taking potential double registration into account). 

so even though sideeffects definitely occur especially persistent sideeffects that go on over years need to put into context as they are very rare.

my guess is that its a scenario that is very rare. like from 100.000 people who take finasteride 99.998 people wont get long lasting sideeffects, 2 people will get it

thats a very slim chance but yet its enough to flood the internet people who really got it, simply bc finasteride gets prescriped so widely. 

for the majority sideeffects will disappear after 2-12 weeks however.

im excluding gyno here though, since this is something that really occurs in probably 1-2% of cases and wont go away by its own without surgery.

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
28 minutes ago, coolbreeze said:

It is a risk.

Is it...than mite be all the doctors are lying and fda cleared it widout considering that...this all the lawsuit and evrythng goes on and on with many drugs ...we can only do is to believe good surgeons and fda cleared medication ...and they clearly mention the drug adverse effects....evry drug has side effects ..even paracetamol and anti biotics and anti inflammatory drugs have side effects bt we all have to take it at some point ...there are people who take anti inflammatory drugs for whole life due to some physical issues ..and still its on use whether to take it or not and to see if it has any side effects on us or not...so considering pro and cons we can take our decision 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

14 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

like i said, even if you dont wanna try it or for some reasons you get sideeffects you dont wanna deal with, not all is lost really.

also id opt for fue in case you decide to shave it off at some point. there will be scars but it wont be as obvious as an fut scar

if i were you id contact the surgeons i mentioned and i maybe would try out topical finasteride 0,025% as this has very low chance of going systemic. you could also try topical dutasteride 

TY

12 hours ago, duckling said:

In 5000-6000 euros i can recommend turkey as your graft count will be higher. but don't worry i will mention single surgeon clinics mostly and not hairmills. Please dont take the order of surgeons as ranking. 

1) Fuecapilar- it has two surgeons dr Turan and dr Gur.

Turan is the senior one and does DHI. Turan gives standard package at price of 3500 euros for 3000 grafts. (there are different packages according to graft count but i wrote the price they offer for 3000 grafts). turan sometimes has waiting list of 8 months. unless you take someone's cancellation date. turan does hairline design ,  slit making and manual extraction at crucial stages where he thinks transection rate can be higher. Implantation and extraction of most grafts done by techs.

Gur is slightly less experienced than turan so booking him is slightly easier and not much waiting period. his cost is 3000 euros. grafts depends on your need but i dont think they also do more than 3k grafts in single day. he also offers a vip package where along with hairline design, slit making which standard package has , he also does the extraction of grafts using motorized tool. Implantation done by techs. he charges 1.5 euros per graft for it.

2) HDC cyprus : dr maras and dr christina come at packages of 2.4 and 2.2 euros per graft respectively. they do design, slit making in recipient are and punching in donor area. extraction and implantation done by techs. 

3) dr bicer will come at 2.5 euros per graft so you can get 2400 grafts with her. With her your graft count goes down so dont know if you can consider her or not. You can try to get a qoute and try to see if cancellation date of someone else gets you a discounted price for 3000 grafts. She is one of the top recommended surgeons in turkey. You can find lot of cases of her here. She is very experienced.

below 2 are notable mentions but just read to know their names. 

4) dr kaan pekiner price is 2.7 euros per graft (next year its 2.85) which makes it out of your budget considering graft needed. But i doubt he will take you as you havent been on meds yet and are higher norwood and we see pekiner take upto nw 4 mostly. there are talks lately on reddit that his nw 5-6 cases will come soon. (as he took some higher norwood lately but dont know if its true). He according to me is best in turkey so have to mention him but as a notable mention only due to budget. He does design, extraction and implantation all by himself with techs assisting him in slightly in each step. He does 1500 grafts max for a day and does a single surgery a day. He will work probably 2 days or 3 days on you with you as only patient. But he charges good for these things too.

5) there is HLC ankara too which is famous. and pekiner used to work here earlier before he went solo. they also charge 2.7 euros per graft like pekiner currently. They have many surgeons and demerit is you cant choose surgeon. They will assign you 2 surgeons with techs. One surgeon will do extraction and other implantation with techs assiting them. This thing of not knowing who operates on you is little risky. There are also out of your budget.

note: There is also dr yaman and dr demisroy in turkey but i think you dont want to go that lower price( they are cheaper than fuecapilar in most packages). the above 5 are better and are the best in turkey.

Thank you so much for information. Would check them out. 

On 5/28/2023 at 2:09 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Is it...than mite be all the doctors are lying and fda cleared it widout considering that...this all the lawsuit and evrythng goes on and on with many drugs ...we can only do is to believe good surgeons and fda cleared medication ...and they clearly mention the drug adverse effects....evry drug has side effects ..even paracetamol and anti biotics and anti inflammatory drugs have side effects bt we all have to take it at some point ...there are people who take anti inflammatory drugs for whole life due to some physical issues ..and still its on use whether to take it or not and to see if it has any side effects on us or not...so considering pro and cons we can take our decision 

No one said all the doctors were lying. Many just prescribe whatever is easiest. They don't do their own studies. Plenty of things have cleared the FDA then been found bad.

You said there was no risk. I said that isn't true there is a risk. Can disagree on how much risk.
People should know. If they want to continue then yes they can. They should just know all the possible outcomes.

• Valued Contributor
39 minutes ago, coolbreeze said:

No one said all the doctors were lying. Many just prescribe whatever is easiest. They don't do their own studies. Plenty of things have cleared the FDA then been found bad.

You said there was no risk. I said that isn't true there is a risk. Can disagree on how much risk.
People should know. If they want to continue then yes they can. They should just know all the possible outcomes.

Ofcourse thats the duty of doctor to explain pro and cons and evrythng about the medication he/she is prescribing to their patients and i said side effects as such are rare and very less percentage of people face that...i never said no side effects

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

55 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Ofcourse thats the duty of doctor to explain pro and cons and evrythng about the medication he/she is prescribing to their patients and i said side effects as such are rare and very less percentage of people face that...i never said no side effects

I didn't say you said there were no side effects.
I said this part of what you wrote is incorrect: "if you are the unlucky one and get some side effects than you can stop the medication and you will be fine."

Clearly there are those who have persistence problems after quitting fin.

• Like 1