Steroid cream after HT?

Did anyone use a steroid cream to reduce scalp redness after HT from week 1 onwards? Like betamethasone? Is this necessary or does your body just take care of the redness and inflammation on its own?

i finished a course of oral prednisone for a week but was curious if anything else needed with steroids. 

thanks all!

i personally am unaware of anything that will reduce the post HT redness. I have always just let it slowly fade over time. 

I recommend just telling everyone you are close to that you have gotten a HT (on an as needed basis of course). If ppl know you have gotten a HT, you won't have to worry about the redness. The redness in general is almost impossible to hide completely so I recommend just "owning it" and not really making a big deal about it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ralph kaka said:

Did anyone use a steroid cream to reduce scalp redness after HT from week 1 onwards? Like betamethasone? Is this necessary or does your body just take care of the redness and inflammation on its own?

i finished a course of oral prednisone for a week but was curious if anything else needed with steroids. 

thanks all!

Steroid cream thins your skin, and I don't think it's a good idea to do that on your scalp.

I was told to not put anything on my scalp and let it heal.

• Like 1