Please help me to clarify my case and decide on Doctor for HT

Firstly, thank you to all the members/moderator for sharing details of their journey and keeping the site friendly and useful for others. Glad I found it, albeit bit late :)

I’ve recently become serious about HT,after having been on Minoxidil,Finasteride for few years (they didn’t work for me, either because I was not doing them regularly or just because). Here is my current situation (pictures attached). 

• What would you say my Norwood rating is ?
  • Any estimate of number of follicles needed ?
  • Do you see any benefit in re-starting Minoxidil/Finasteride ?

Doctor/clinic decision- I’ve gone through several threads and these 2 seem to be good for high Norwood cases:  Eugenix & Dr.Nader:

1.   Eugenix – Will choosing a lower package (say Exclusive-$1.47 plus tax) a wise choice OR  Premium with Dr.Das is recommended ?  
                 (Do not want to go above this, as costs balloon significantly-esp. considering more follicles for my case)

2.  Are Dr.Nader results comparable to Eugenix results ?

Appreciate all inputs / pointers to help me make a good decision on Doctor/clinic.

Thank you.

Pic1.jpeg

Pic2.jpeg

Pic3.jpeg

Pic4.jpeg

Pic5.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

You have to be on medication religiously..so keep that in mind if you wanna go for a surgery ....if you choose eugenix imo you should at least choose a package in which dr das is there....while dr nader also seems to be producing good results and priced fairly...and so do dr Camacho ...if you can extend your budget to around 3.5 to 4 euros than you can consider de pittela ,dr pinto ,dr ferreira and dr de freitas ....they are excellent choice at that price range...

And imo you need to carry on with the medication after consulting a good doctor ...that would preserve you ur grafts and will make your donor better which will make you a good candidate of ht surgery ...

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I second what archan said and below are my answers to the questions you asked :

1) you are currently norwood 6

2) norwood 6 needs 5-6k grafts from their scalp and if they want to do good crown coverage too then they need beard grafts too. Else better to focus those grafts on front and mid-scalp with little high hairline and crown can be ignored.

3) You have very less existing hair but if you want to keep those hair and make your hairline look dense (mixing existing hair with transplanted hair) then i recommend meds otherwise atleast fin is not worth the risk for very little reward for you. But minoxidil will definitely help you (oral min, if your doctor approves) to improve the donor area.

You can surely go on meds again and be more regular and see if they bring improvement. Then if no improvement then you can drop fin as per recommendation from your HT surgeon.

• Like 1

Thank you @A_4_Archan & @duckling for answering my questions. From what I read- meds will not help much after Norwood 5,but will check with my doctor for Oral minoxidil.

@A_4_Archan -I'll search more,but any datapoints-where Eugenix Dr.Das package was considered better than the one below it ?  
                            With high graft count needed for my case, I guess I'm not looking for top notch output, but one that results in decent coverage, carried out safely.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, NeelK said:

Thank you @A_4_Archan & @duckling for answering my questions. From what I read- meds will not help much after Norwood 5,but will check with my doctor for Oral minoxidil.

@A_4_Archan -I'll search more,but any datapoints-where Eugenix Dr.Das package was considered better than the one below it ?  
                            With high graft count needed for my case, I guess I'm not looking for top notch output, but one that results in decent coverage, carried out safely.

For higher nw cases medication will help to preserve you donor and even if you have miniaturised fine hairs on top ,it would make them fuller and thicker which will help in coverage ...

Actually i just feel safe to recommend dr das as i have seen her work and she is good...in below packages you don't know what you get...if your budget is that low than you can consider dr yaman,dr turan and dr kongkiat laorwong ..than atleast you know whom you goin for and check their results ...thts just my opinion and you cn do your research 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

9 hours ago, NeelK said:

Firstly, thank you to all the members/moderator for sharing details of their journey and keeping the site friendly and useful for others. Glad I found it, albeit bit late :)

I’ve recently become serious about HT,after having been on Minoxidil,Finasteride for few years (they didn’t work for me, either because I was not doing them regularly or just because). Here is my current situation (pictures attached). 

• What would you say my Norwood rating is ?
  • Any estimate of number of follicles needed ?
  • Do you see any benefit in re-starting Minoxidil/Finasteride ?

Doctor/clinic decision- I’ve gone through several threads and these 2 seem to be good for high Norwood cases:  Eugenix & Dr.Nader:

1.   Eugenix – Will choosing a lower package (say Exclusive-$1.47 plus tax) a wise choice OR  Premium with Dr.Das is recommended ?  
                 (Do not want to go above this, as costs balloon significantly-esp. considering more follicles for my case)

2.  Are Dr.Nader results comparable to Eugenix results ?

Appreciate all inputs / pointers to help me make a good decision on Doctor/clinic.

Thank you.

Pic1.jpeg

Pic2.jpeg

Pic3.jpeg

Pic4.jpeg

Pic5.jpeg

You look around Norwood grade 6. That means you will need around 5000 Grafts, in one or more sitting. Donor area looks good. You may need some grafts from Beard too.