11.5 months update, Norwood 7, 3000 grafts, 1000 beard and 2000 scalp.

Chiku

Repair with Eugenix last year.Three prior FUTs in early 2000's. All pics in bright light, except the one with carpeted floor. Any comments , feedback appreciated.

ront.jpeg

frontheadtilt.jpeg

TopTIltUp.jpeg

FrontTiltMore.jpeg

Top.jpeg

Topnolight.jpeg

right.jpeg

Left.jpeg

Back.jpeg

Edited by Chiku
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Are these photos before or after the procedure?

You mentioned you have 3 strips previously. How many grafts did you get from them? How did they grow? Do you have photos before and after?

These are after pics, after 11.5 months.

The above link will give you the before pics. 

It looks natural, if that was the goal of the surgery then it is a win. You definitely look better after transplant. 

What are your thoughts on the results as well. I'm also in need of a repair with limited donor. I like your results.

May I know who was your doctor and what was your package? 

• Valued Contributor

Density is ofcourse less ..but the area to be covered is very big compared to the number of grafts implanted ...this much area can't get dense coverage with just 3k grafts and which even consist 1k beard grafts...

What did the doctor say ?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

The three FUT had taken away so much of what could have been. And the newly implanted 3k hair is looking good from front in indoor light with light not directly falling on your scalp.

if it was 3k scalp grafts with more 1k beard (or even just 3k scalp hair with thick characteristics)  then i guess atleast your front look even in direct light would have also looked great. But 2k scalp grafts with thin hair characteristics is looking so sparse.

Currently you look like a diffuse thinner. One more HT and it would have looked much better. If you have any body hair then check if they can use those along with existing transplanted hair to improve density in some areas. (normally body hair is mixed with newly extracted scalp hair). Think ratio is 2 scalp hair graft to 1 body hair graft when implanting.

5 hours ago, bigmistake said:

It looks natural, if that was the goal of the surgery then it is a win. You definitely look better after transplant. 

What are your thoughts on the results as well. I'm also in need of a repair with limited donor. I like your results.

May I know who was your doctor and what was your package? 

Thanks. I expected better results than that initially. Expectations were based on before and after videos on youtube with similar grade of baldness and more or less same number of grafts used. But I have accepted that with limited grafts this is what I could have achieved. I am pleased with the overall results and very happy with the front view. 

Dr. Arika Bansal, Comprehensive package. 

5 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Density is ofcourse less ..but the area to be covered is very big compared to the number of grafts implanted ...this much area can't get dense coverage with just 3k grafts and which even consist 1k beard grafts...

What did the doctor say ?

Thanks. Doctors say that the results are on track and fibers can be used to enhance the results. But, I understand it is hard even for them to predict the outcome as results depend on so many variable, including hair thickness. SO three thousand scalp grafts with a lot of 3+ hairs per graft in someone with untouched donor may have been a much better outcome from all angles including viewing from the top.

1 hour ago, duckling said:

The three FUT had taken away so much of what could have been. And the newly implanted 3k hair is looking good from front in indoor light with light not directly falling on your scalp.

if it was 3k scalp grafts with more 1k beard (or even just 3k scalp hair with thick characteristics)  then i guess atleast your front look even in direct light would have also looked great. But 2k scalp grafts with thin hair characteristics is looking so sparse.

Currently you look like a diffuse thinner. One more HT and it would have looked much better. If you have any body hair then check if they can use those along with existing transplanted hair to improve density in some areas. (normally body hair is mixed with newly extracted scalp hair). Think ratio is 2 scalp hair graft to 1 body hair graft when implanting.

I do plan to go back to them soon to get another session with 1K scalp and 2 K beard grafts. Just focusing on the same areas which they did last time. My beard hairs have texture similar to my scalp hairs. 

Edited by Chiku

2 hours ago, duckling said:

f it was 3k scalp grafts with more 1k beard (or even just 3k scalp hair with thick characteristics)  then i guess atleast your front look even in direct light would have also looked great. But 2k scalp grafts with thin hair characteristics is looking so sparse.

All pics are in direct bright light of bathroom mirror.( except the one with a rug on the floor). The difference is in the angles at which they are taken.  First pic is with camera( phone camera) right at eye level and then moving it up for the subsequent pics.

11 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

What do the doctors expect to be the end result?

They expected frontal view to improve drastically at the time of transpant. I do not know what else they expected, but they say that the results will improve beyond 12 months.

1 hour ago, Chiku said:

I do plan to go back to them soon to get another session with 1K scalp and 2 K beard grafts. Just focusing on the same areas which they did last time. My beard hairs have texture similar to my scalp hairs. 

Good that you are focussing on just strengthening the same areas. This time density should increase much more. I want you to get this result even in bright light. (think this one wasn't in bright line?) 

TopTIltUp.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chiku said:

Thanks. I expected better results than that initially. Expectations were based on before and after videos on youtube with similar grade of baldness and more or less same number of grafts used. But I have accepted that with limited grafts this is what I could have achieved. I am pleased with the overall results and very happy with the front view.

You should never focus on cases posted by a clinic since they are their best results. You will never see an average result on cases that are posted by a clinic. As a result you will have high expectations and you will not be satisfied with your result. You should focus on real patient cases posted by the patients themselves to have a real idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaldGuy said:

You should never focus on cases posted by a clinic since they are their best results. You will never see an average result on cases that are posted by a clinic. As a result you will have high expectations and you will not be satisfied with your result. You should focus on real patient cases posted by the patients themselves to have a real idea.

You are right. I learned it as my results were maturing in the past few months. It is hard to find great results on norwood seven patients with severely depleted donor undergoing HT with use of body hair in ratio of 1:2, and only with 3000 odd total grafts. Perhaps None! Most Norwood 7 with depleted donor who got great results, with high proportion of beard hair use,( some cases even in 1:1 ratio)still had a lot of scalp hairs extracted with the total count being over 10,000 grafts. So they did not have severely depleted donor despite prior HTs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, duckling said:

Good that you are focussing on just strengthening the same areas. This time density should increase much more. I want you to get this result even in bright light. (think this one wasn't in bright line?) 

TopTIltUp.jpeg

They suggested that I just do the hairline with 500 scalp and focus on crown with 500 scalp and 2000 beard. ALl in the next sitting.  They may be right. But I prefer to use the 1000 scalp grafts which they feel they could still extract along with 1500-2000 beard for the front and mid scalp. Will leave crown for another day. IF they tell me on the day of procedure that there will be no grafts left for crown with the above plan, I may change the plan a little bit to save some scalp hairs for the crown.  I feel that they will be in better position to asses the future plan for the day and future plan when they see my donor in person. 

I took all the pics at the same spot.  I know why the pic you are referring does not appear to be in bright light. In this pic I had my head tilted upwards while the camera was also above my eye level. So the picture captured more of the frontal view than the top view, as opposed to the subsequent pics where head is neutral and the camera is right on top of the scalp. 

1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

Can you please post some before and after photos of your donor area ?

I really do not have good pics which shows the donor well, most pics before are with long hairs. You can find some pics in this link. 

12 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Are these photos before or after the procedure?

You mentioned you have 3 strips previously. How many grafts did you get from them? How did they grow? Do you have photos before and after?

Those Strips were long back, so no before and after photos for them. I had a total of over 3000 grafts from the strips. 

4 hours ago, Chiku said:

I really do not have good pics which shows the donor well, most pics before are with long hairs. You can find some pics in this link. 

I'm sure the clinic has your pre and post donor pictures. It would be really helpful to me if those could be posted. It would be really helpful in choosing a repair clinic.

On 4/23/2023 at 6:47 AM, Chiku said:

You are right. I learned it as my results were maturing in the past few months. It is hard to find great results on norwood seven patients with severely depleted donor undergoing HT with use of body hair in ratio of 1:2, and only with 3000 odd total grafts. Perhaps None! Most Norwood 7 with depleted donor who got great results, with high proportion of beard hair use,( some cases even in 1:1 ratio)still had a lot of scalp hairs extracted with the total count being over 10,000 grafts. So they did not have severely depleted donor despite prior HTs.

Yes, in those cases that you mentioned they still had sufficient donor left.