Any reviews on Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu? ABHRS certified in Turkey

Does anyone have experience with this Dr (website is getnewhair.com)?  I went through the list of surgeons on the ABRHS website and reached out through their various websites. 

Some of the ones listed still seem a little bit 'hair mill' centric or simply unprofessional which gives me no confidence.   Some have been very aggressive at trying to get me to sign up, one clinic seemed ok and then had a bunch of mistakes on booking form including dates and names,  When I questioned about it, they went silent for a week, etc..  Most include hotels, transport, etc.. 

So far, Sahinoglu has been handling my emails direct, would performing all of the work minus some assistance in putting grafts in the channels, I would have to pay for my own hotel, my transportation, etc.. and has been quick to respond.  He seems to have some good instagram results, etc.. He's not the cheapest, and so far it feels less like a mill and more like a proper Dr.

Just wondering if someone has some more first hand knowledge or experience with him and could offer some feedback. 

Another item I'm questioning is how many grafts in a day is reasonable when thinking about a quality over quantity?  Is it ok to think 2800-3400 is doable in a quality fashion?  One of the local Doctors where I am in Canada said he doesn't really like going going beyond 2000-2500 in a day.   

I'm looking to get something done mid May now, and could use some external input.   I'm about Norwood 4-5 now. 

Thank you, 

Thanks Brita, 

I was pretty surprised as well given the years of experience.  He's not the cheapest, so maybe thats just deters the masses when people are doing some international shopping. 

I don't think this doctor is well known on this forum. I would take the instagram results with a grain of salt as the clnic will cherry pick what they post - Impartial results posted by patients are a better indicator of the quality of a doctor         

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 6:21 AM, BRITA-XL said:

That is a interesting question, he has been around for years and yet we don’t have any patient posted journeys here. Lots of people asking about him but still nothing. 
Lets see if @Mak Sergejevhas any news as he was looking to get a ht with him. 

Sorry it took some time for me to respond.

I have made a summary of results I found on different forums regarding Sahingolu and also I have spoke with Dr. Bicer about him, after I decided in the end to go to her.
She said they are good friends and that he is indeed a very good and qualified surgeon with many year of experience, which is something I never really doubted in the first place.

Since a lot of patients go to Sahinoglu thru Mr. Clemens Weber from Germany, there are several german forums where one can find reviews of his work.

What I initially liked about him, but eventually pushed me more in the direction of Bicer, was the fact that he does very conservative hairline designs, and does not generally do transplant of more then 3500-4000 grafts. He also doesn't prescribe people Finesteride, but claims that he does hairline design that doesn't rely on it. (I never understood what does that exactly mean).

I found this approach quite good and reassuring, however I found in turn some of his results to be not so striking of a difference.
On one hand, internet is full of these ridiculously exaggerated before/after photos, and its nice to have some honest and realistic photos, but I would still like to see some rather noticeable difference after 3000-3500 transplanted grafts.

I think he is very ethical surgeon with many years of experience, certainly not a hairmill, and also think he is in that mid-category pricewise between cheap and expensive. (not a hairmill, but still 1€ less per graft then e.g. Dr. Bicer)

I attach the file where I summarized some of the results, mostly to ask for friends opinion, therefor there is complete lack of structure. Hope you can make some sense out of it. Also, I hope this is ok regarding people who's results are in the presentation such as user BaldBobby from this forum. Otherwise I will remove.

There is some more results I found but had no time to put it in there.

EDIT: I cannot attach .pptx but you can text me and I will send you privately.

• Thanks 1

No doubt there is a number of decent surgeons out there that don’t feature heavily or at all on here. Forums are essentially the modern day word of mouth.

Unless one or two people take a chance on a surgeon and post their result they’ll never get traction to attract others. I certainly wouldn’t go to a surgeon who has little or no case evidence. That doesn’t mean they are automatically a poor surgeon though. 

• Valued Contributor

From my survey and feedback about doctors ,he is a good surgeon ..very well experienced and ethical guy...i have looked at his work and i found it to be good..he is producing natural results...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2023 at 5:38 AM, Mak Sergejev said:

Sorry it took some time for me to respond.

I have made a summary of results I found on different forums regarding Sahingolu and also I have spoke with Dr. Bicer about him, after I decided in the end to go to her.
She said they are good friends and that he is indeed a very good and qualified surgeon with many year of experience, which is something I never really doubted in the first place.

Since a lot of patients go to Sahinoglu thru Mr. Clemens Weber from Germany, there are several german forums where one can find reviews of his work.

What I initially liked about him, but eventually pushed me more in the direction of Bicer, was the fact that he does very conservative hairline designs, and does not generally do transplant of more then 3500-4000 grafts. He also doesn't prescribe people Finesteride, but claims that he does hairline design that doesn't rely on it. (I never understood what does that exactly mean).

I found this approach quite good and reassuring, however I found in turn some of his results to be not so striking of a difference.
On one hand, internet is full of these ridiculously exaggerated before/after photos, and its nice to have some honest and realistic photos, but I would still like to see some rather noticeable difference after 3000-3500 transplanted grafts.

I think he is very ethical surgeon with many years of experience, certainly not a hairmill, and also think he is in that mid-category pricewise between cheap and expensive. (not a hairmill, but still 1€ less per graft then e.g. Dr. Bicer)

I attach the file where I summarized some of the results, mostly to ask for friends opinion, therefor there is complete lack of structure. Hope you can make some sense out of it. Also, I hope this is ok regarding people who's results are in the presentation such as user BaldBobby from this forum. Otherwise I will remove.

There is some more results I found but had no time to put it in there.

EDIT: I cannot attach .pptx but you can text me and I will send you privately.

Thanks for feedback Mak by the way.   Sorry I couldn't seem to figure out how to send you a PM, but seeing some photos that you have compiled would be appreciated for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...