How much percentage of growth we can expect after 4 months of hair transplantation

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Rogith said:

How much percentage of growth we can expect after 4 months of hair transplantation. I had in the frontal area of about 2980 grafts by fut.

It varies person to person ...at 4 months mark generally people can see the sprouting of hair geting fuller and thicker ...the real difference can be seen after 6 months mark imo

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Everyone uses 6 month as a time interval to see around 50 percent of their results. 4 months time is very less except some rare cases where they have so much growth which is noticeable. 

But to answer your question , maybe 35-40 percent of growth can be seen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, duckling said:

Everyone uses 6 month as a time interval to see around 50 percent of their results. 4 months time is very less except some rare cases where they have so much growth which is noticeable. 

But to answer your question , maybe 35-40 percent of growth can be seen.

6 months = 50% is very crude and not accurate for most people in all honesty. For some people it's about right, but more often 6 months is more like 70% growth - it's length that's missing and needs time to fill in. And for some people, 6 months is actually a bit less than 50%

1 minute ago, Rogith said:

@Rafael Manelli @duckling @A_4_Archan now in my transplanted area I feel i like some small hair are growing can consider it in for four months. But when I see under bright light I feel like baldness  in recipient area.

You are probably just a slow grower. The next few months will make a big difference. 

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, Rogith said:

@Rafael Manelli @duckling @A_4_Archan now in my transplanted area I feel i like some small hair are growing can consider it in for four months. But when I see under bright light I feel like baldness  in recipient area.

Yeh that baby hairs which are sprouted will start geting fuller and thicker ..its a long process and keeping calm is the key...some slow growers takes around 16-18 months to achieve the full results and there are some lucky ones who get full results before 12 months...and i hope you are on medication ...medication will help you...

--> My Thread

15 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh that baby hairs which are sprouted will start geting fuller and thicker ..its a long process and keeping calm is the key...some slow growers takes around 16-18 months to achieve the full results and there are some lucky ones who get full results before 12 months...and i hope you are on medication ...medication will help you...

Some people are lucky enough to get full results before 6 months 

Some people never even shed their grafts. But that's a small minority. 

Hair typically starts growing 3-4 months post op.  Vellus-like at first. And not all comes in at the same time. There can be a delay of a couple of weeks.  By 6 months everything should be out.  At a year is when you get to enjoy a matured result.  Sometimes final results can be delayed up to 18 months or longer.  The other fact which you can incorporate into the estimate, is  - a small subset of patients start growing hair from day 1.  It truly means nothing.  Those guys are just ahead of everyone else by 3-4 months.  So, when you take everything into account, the answer is likely 5-10%

Rafael Manelli does bring up a good point.  If you're not doing any type of medical regimen and you continue losing native hair, this would likely play into that number.  You might even start thinking you're losing grafts.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Valued Contributor
50 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Some people are lucky enough to get full results before 6 months 

Some people never even shed their grafts. But that's a small minority. 

Yeh i wish i can be that lucky as am biting the bullet soon...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
31 minutes ago, Rogith said:

Ya i am taking medication of finastirde 3 mg per week and minoxidil daily once

Thats nice...

--> My Thread