How hard is post op care?

Hi guys! How hard is the post op care? I have a transplant in a few weeks and the post op care has me a bit worried. How is the specific washing technique done that you are supposed to do post hair transplant? Was it hard to do without disrupting the grafts?

I would love to know how the post-op after care period was for you all.

• Like 1

The hardest part is sleeping for the first few days as you'll be effective sat up and probably concerned you'll touch the grafts involuntarily.

The rest is just basically taking medication and applying cream and spraying saline solution.

For hair washing, it differs per clinic. I was asked to wait for days then move to pouring water from a jug, then on to light head massage to remove the scabs.

Its not difficult and will probably be explained in detail by the clinic.

• Like 2

It's quite easy. I survived it with two toddlers and an angry wife at home, if you live in an actually healthy and QUIET environment, it should be a breeze. 

The hardest part is dealing with the uncertainty of knowing how much growth you are gonna get and when. Talk about nerve-wracking :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not hard at all. The key thing is to not hit your head (avoiding the car door sill, colliding with open kitchen cabinet doors, etc) and not letting the shower water hit your head for like 2 weeks. 

The worst part is the ugly duckling phase, having to wear hats in public or any interaction with another person (unless you just don't give a hoot). 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella