people who use topical finasterid / dutasterid - is your sperm watery?

mr_peanutbutter

28 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i think thats a pretty good marker to see if it goes systematic. i dont know any person who takes oral fin which doesnt lead to change in sperm consistency. it cant be avoided really.

Personally I have seen a significant improvement, and I have talked with others who also have seen improvement after stating finasteride. I know the common narrative is that it reduces sperm with most medical studies showing either no impact or a reduction in up to about 20% of individuals. But at least some portion has an improvement.

My doctor explained why like this: "

While finasteride is primarily used to treat an unhealthy and enlarged prostate, it can also have an impact on the composition of semen and ejaculation. This is because the prostate gland plays a significant role in the production of seminal fluid, which is an essential component of semen. By reducing the irritating impact of DHT on the prostate gland and its size, finasteride can help to improve the function of the gland, leading to an increase in the amount of seminal fluid produced.

In addition, finasteride may also have an impact on sexual function. Some studies have suggested that finasteride may lead to an increase in sexual desire and satisfaction, potentially due to the improved prostate function and higher levels of testosterone.

However, it's important to note that the effects of finasteride on semen and sexual function can vary from person to person and may not be noticeable in every individual. Additionally, while finasteride can have potential sexual benefits for some men , it can also have side effects such as decreased libido, and decreased semen volume in others.

In summary, while finasteride may have potential benefits for semen and sexual function, its effects can vary and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional."

My interpretation of this is that if you have thick semen, don't think of this as the healthy state of things, but rather the consequence of having an impaired prostate which is unable to produce the natural amount of semen fluid due to the negative impact of DHT. 

Edited by Xanadu

3 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Personally I have seen a significant improvement, and I have talked with others who also have seen improvement after stating finasteride. I know the common narrative is that it reduces sperm with most medical studies showing either no impact or a reduction in up to about 20% of individuals. But at least some portion has an improvement.

My doctor explained why like this: "

While finasteride is primarily used to treat an unhealthy and enlarged prostate, it can also have an impact on the composition of semen and ejaculation. This is because the prostate gland plays a significant role in the production of seminal fluid, which is an essential component of semen. By reducing the irritating impact of DHT on the prostate gland and its size, finasteride can help to improve the function of the gland, leading to an increase in the amount of seminal fluid produced.

In addition, finasteride may also have an impact on sexual function. Some studies have suggested that finasteride may lead to an increase in sexual desire and satisfaction, potentially due to the improved prostate function and higher levels of testosterone.

However, it's important to note that the effects of finasteride on semen and sexual function can vary from person to person and may not be noticeable in every individual. Additionally, while finasteride can have potential sexual benefits for some men , it can also have side effects such as decreased libido, and decreased semen volume in others.

In summary, while finasteride may have potential benefits for semen and sexual function, its effects can vary and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional."

My interpretation of this is that if you have thick semen, don't think of this as the healthy state of things, but rather the consequence of having an impaired prostate which is unable to produce the natural amount of semen fluid due to the negative impact of DHT. 

hi, thats really interesting. so you are saying your sperm doesnt get very fluid and watery?

note that i dont really care that sperm gets watery, i only mentioned it because it seems to be one of the most common "sideeffect" of finasterid use. in theory, if topical finasterid dont go systematically however, watery sperm shouldnt occure. so watery sperm could be actually a good test to see if topical fin goes systematically

Watery sperm can have many causes. Please rule out other potential causes before decisively ruling that it is Fin. 

Ditto with ED and literally any other side effect that people attribute to Fin.

Edited by HappyMan2021

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

hi, thats really interesting. so you are saying your sperm doesnt get very fluid and watery?

note that i dont really care that sperm gets watery, i only mentioned it because it seems to be one of the most common "sideeffect" of finasterid use. in theory, if topical finasterid dont go systematically however, watery sperm shouldnt occure. so watery sperm could be actually a good test to see if topical fin goes systematically

Well. It gets more, because the prostate glands are working better, and their job is to create semen fluid to mix with the thicker semen from the testes. So rather than thick fluid, it's more volume and yes more fluid too you could say. Which is natural and good.

• 2 weeks later...

Topical fina at 0.01/day give me a prostatis after 4 months - this is horrible , shrinking penil that hurt, less blood irrigation, balanitis, ... 

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes