Selecting a topical finasteride solution, in the UK

tacale

Hey all,

I wanted to ask about the Topical Fin options in the UK. 

From my research I have found 4 UK sellers. Forhims, Sons, Manual and The Hair Doctor. Probably there are others I have not found.

My main criteria to decide is the firstly the strength of the fin and secondly the application. 
The dosages offered from what I saw are :
Manual: 0.1% fin 10% min
The Hair Doctor: 0.2% fin 5% min.

Forhims: 0.3% fin 6% min,
Sons:  0.1% fin 5% min

Forhims seems to be the most popular and perhaps I should have saved myself a lot of time by just ordering it straight away.

However reading reviews. I was alerted to the strength. Some saying this is too much and I have seen calculations that this is the equivalent of 3 mg in tablet form.

Scared off a little, my preference now would be for the less potent alternatives, particularly Sons as it has 0.1% fin and 5 % minox (which I already use seperately)

Is this the right analysis? I guess the stronger solutions could simply be used less to reach a smaller dosage, (eg 2 sprays instead of 6) but that would risk not getting enough minoxidil.

I noticed also that Minoxidil Max has (amongst other versions) 0.05% fin (5% min), smaller yet and Dr Mwamba who’s product I learned about on this forum from the moderator has a 0.025% fin version (no minox) a tiny fraction of what is in Forhims. So is 0.3% too much? is 0.1% also very high?
Of course these products being international carry a high transportation cost so my preference would be for the UK options if they are good.

Finally, regarding application I am not sure which of the products uses a dropper. This would be my preference as I heard with longer hair (my transplanted hair is only passable when long) spray doesn’t reach the scalp that well. Or is that overthinking it?

Thanks for any help

Hello,

I personally tried topical fin at 0,025% 3x a week as M Mwamba recommend to start. For 3 months all was ok just little tied... so I tried 4x a week at got some side effect (penil disorder) and my doctor diagnosed a balanitis.

Now I stopped and I will try again 3x a week but I will never go more !

Recent scientific paper said that it work great between 0,7 and 2,8 mg a week so no need to take a lot ... for me my ideal dosage seems to be 0,75mg a week

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

14 hours ago, arthurSam said:

Hello,

I personally tried topical fin at 0,025% 3x a week as M Mwamba recommend to start. For 3 months all was ok just little tied... so I tried 4x a week at got some side effect (penil disorder) and my doctor diagnosed a balanitis.

Now I stopped and I will try again 3x a week but I will never go more !

Recent scientific paper said that it work great between 0,7 and 2,8 mg a week so no need to take a lot ... for me my ideal dosage seems to be 0,75mg a week

Thanks for the advice. 

Surprises me because I thought with small amounts of the topical solution one would take it every day twice a day. 

May I ask how do you calculate the 0.75mg? Is there a recommended drop ammount that gets the equivalent of 0.25mg and since you do it 3 times a week its 0.75? 

Do you order multiple bottles to save on the transport charge?

Perhaps I am very responsive to side effects..  just tried yourself to see if it is fine for you or not 😀

And yes 0,75mg because 3x0,25mg a week...

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes