Can or does thin hair that is naturally shed grow back?

mszub

Just a little background info, I've been on propecia for a little over 2 years, that stuff works.

I started Rogaine 3 months ago maybe three weeks after my HT. Every thing is going good, getting some new growth.

My question is, every day in the shower I usually see around 5 to 15ish hairs shed in the shower. I'm sure this is natural and no big deal, the only thing is that 90% of these shed hairs are miniaturized. If a normal strand of my hair is dark brown and currently about 4 inches long, these shed hairs are much reduced in length at around 1.5 inches and usually the color is about the same but there is some yellowness in the texture.

So my question is, are these guys gone for good?

Or is MPB a progessive condition, meaning, the shed thin hair will grow back, but of course the DHT will continue to gradually reduce the hair (hopefully at a much slower pace given the drugs and shampoo I use)until it is simply to small and thin to be seen?

I only say this because if I look close enough at my forehead in good light, I pretty much got like an entire meadow of super small, clear, vellus hairs where my old hair line used to be. So hopefully, this hair I lose in the shower is not gone for good, it grows back but just continues to slowly (hopefully very slowly) waste away.