Worried about progress 8 months

conquer1991

Hey @conquer1991
Firstly, I hope that you don't take this situation too harsh on yourself, alot of members on this forum have been in similar position during their HT journey, it is a long and stressful journey that spans over years.

Pre\post pics would be very helpful to tell how damaged is the result, I wouldn't say wait longer since at month 8 you should be seeing atleast some of the results you can expect by month 12+, however, in this case, something seems wrong to me

1 minute ago, conquer1991 said:

I could also just be a slow grower..everyone is different. But certainly a concern 

It’s true everyone is different, but this is beyond that, you should have seen at least pretty much all of the grafts break the surface at this point.

Just now, conquer1991 said:

You're right. They said wait until 12 months...I have escalated the issue as I want to speak to a surgeon  

Did a Dr do the incisions? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conquer1991 said:

Yes, Dr did incisions. I'm not sure what's off !

Smile isn’t a clinic I like, but if I gave them the benefit of the doubt then maybe you have a scalp issue that wouldn’t have been detected. But what’s more likely is it was poor surgery, so handling of the grafts or techniques etc, so many different things can cause poor to no growth. Pretty much all clinics will ask for patients to wait until 12 months, that’s understandable, but in certain cases such as your’s then it’s clear that something is wrong, the extra few months isn’t going to suddenly produce any miracle growth. Smile will see this thread and most likely contact you, they have eyes everywhere and are known to get less favourable reviews/results removed if they can. 

• Like 1

Yeah speaking to a surgeon is definitely a must here, hopefully they're willing to work with you through this. But then comes the question, do you trust them to correct it and expect a different result the second time or do you take the lumps and go to  Eugenix or some other place recommend here in that area. 

I know a lot of people wrestle with a free touch up by the original clinic or going elsewhere. I'd be inclined to look elsewhere and get it done right if I were in your shoes and this does indeed turn out to be a lousy result.

1 hour ago, conquer1991 said:

Even with a free touch up, I won't be trusting their service anymore. Likely just suck it up and go to Eugenix. This is a very sad state of affairs, since my donor area was already low. 🥲

Hang in there, I know it's tough and I imagine even with a lower donor area Eugenix would be able to help you greatly and look also some hair definitely took and some still to come... so they'll have a head start. It's gonna be workable.

• 4 weeks later...