Minoxidil and increased/easier bleeding…. Is this a thing?

I’ve noticed I seem to get the smallest cut, pimple that gets popped, bug bite that I itch, etc and I will bleed. It’s pretty annoying and I have noticed it this past year or so, around the same time as starting topical minoxidil. This could very well be something entirely unrelated, though I am just trying to go through lifestyle changes that could have contributed to this. Considering what minoxidil actually does, this doesn’t seem too far fetched, though I’ve never heard of “easier bleeding” as being a side effect.

1 hour ago, Savemyhairline said:

Should I discontinue? I mean it’s mostly just an annoyance and i have to buy more bandaids, but it is still a side effect

It’s your choice and depends on your circumstances. If it’s a minor annoyance then maybe you can live with it or try a lower dosage. Perhaps once per day instead of twice, my doctor prescribed it once per day to me but I see people here take it twice per day so I am guessing that’s what you’re doing.

I stopped because of mild heart palpitations and eye irritation and I knew it’s not something I can commit to for life.  Everyone’s circumstances are different so I can’t suggest anything for you.

Oh, also take Vitamin K. It should help with stopping bleeding quickly or perhaps reducing it. Zinc also helps with healing wounds. It’s not the solution but should help and make sure you don’t bleed a lot in case on the rare chance you get a big cut ( I hope not ) 

Edited by LookMaxx

11 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

It’s your choice and depends on your circumstances. If it’s a minor annoyance then maybe you can live with it or try a lower dosage. Perhaps once per day instead of twice, my doctor prescribed it once per day to me but I see people here take it twice per day so I am guessing that’s what you’re doing.

I stopped because of mild heart palpitations and eye irritation and I knew it’s not something I can commit to for life.  Everyone’s circumstances are different so I can’t suggest anything for you.

Oh, also take Vitamin K. It should help with stopping bleeding quickly or perhaps reducing it. Zinc also helps with healing wounds. It’s not the solution but should help and make sure you don’t bleed a lot in case on the rare chance you get a big cut ( I hope not ) 

I actually do once a day. I used to do twice. I probably will get some vitamin k supplements or just try to increase it in my diet, thanks