FueCapilar (Dr Gur) vs Eugenix (Dr.Arika Bansal)

Hi Everyone,

I have narrowed my selections to Arika Bansal at Eugenix or Dr Gur through FueCapilar. 

The premium package includes Dr Bansal performing the incisions and partly the extractions with remaining part of the surgery completed by technicians.

While Eugenix has more reviews/results posted, Dr Gur performs the entire surgery himself at half the cost.

It would be for the same number of grafts- 4,000.

Looking for any recommendations/thoughts on which to proceed with.

Thank you!

Edited by Xander

There are never any 100% guarantees in HT's. Both surgeons are reputable so I'd go with the one that produces the most consistently solid results in patients with similar hair loss to yours. There's no magic bullet 'Hey go with X' answer here. They are both very good surgeons so you should be in good hands with both. Best of luck to you brother!

ask how much is dr bansal involved. all i know is that the "crucial" extraction is done by her, and the rest by the team. to be honest, i don't really understand since for me, extraction are all 'crucial' as any transection means lost graft. but it might be that dr bansal simply check on the angling of hair, and how to extract, then dictate the team on how to proceed. i don't have any qualm with techs doing extraction as there are many top techs that is great at what they do. still, it's a big question mark for me on that particular package since it's like just asking for a slight touch from dr bansal, it feels like just adding a branding quality on a product.

from the many reviews here though, most are happy with it, which i guess is what matters.

for dr gur, you can review them plainly as there isn't much variable since you do know that he's the only one working with you. i think you can simply view the cost ratio with the eugenix package. if you can afford the higher one, and you think they yield great result, i'd say to go for it.

there are many things that you can ration in life, and some that you shouldn't save or bargain on.
HT... lies in the middle, but usually it's on the side where you want everything to be as safe as possible. only skimp if you are perfectly comfortable with the risk, and doesn't even really care about being bald or not to begin with. like gambling, only gamble on what you are willing to lose.

*NB: i'm not implying on that dr gur or any is a worse option, only my opinion on how to proceed and pick the doctor.

@StillAlive @mafpe- thank you for comments.

I’ve been noticing FueCapilar described as a “good budget option”. Though Dr Gur has a VIP package where he does the extractions and is more involved at 1.25 EU per graft. Implantations are done by his team, which is even the case for other surgeons like Dr Bicer who charge a higher price per graft.

Dr Bansal’s has a similar level of involvement but for nearly 3x the cost. 

Eugenix does have far more reviews on this forum but is that due to how long they have been in operation? Population of the country maybe?

Edited by Xander

@XanderThe truth of the matter is, that an experienced tech will be as good, if not better than the doctor with extractions. There is a huge taboo in the HT industry regarding the quality of mega expensive doctors vs. budget options with people spending small fortunes on top tier surgeons being understandably defensive of their choices and not very eager to hear the other side. 

Anyhow, Dr. Gur produces solid results, get the package that you feel most comfortable with and put your trust in him. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:15 AM, Xander said:

Hi Everyone,

I have narrowed my selections to Arika Bansal at Eugenix or Dr Gur through FueCapilar. 

The premium package includes Dr Bansal performing the incisions and partly the extractions with remaining part of the surgery completed by technicians.

While Eugenix has more reviews/results posted, Dr Gur performs the entire surgery himself at half the cost.

It would be for the same number of grafts- 4,000.

Looking for any recommendations/thoughts on which to proceed with.

Thank you!

Hello buddy, Its great that you did researched. According to me Eugenix is more prominent and has been constantly delivering great results over the last few years. I've been in to the clinic and the hospitality, doctor's willing to take your advice, technicians, and all the rest staff are truly delivering the best. 

Dr. Gur is not well known for providing good results, I'm not saying he's bad surgeon but You should think of a clinic that has more experience in curing cases like you. Ask them testimonials and before and after results. Take your time to dive deeper, in the end it will be your decision and of course we are just gonna give our inputs.

At least, I will say that go with Dr. Arika's premium package or the exclusive package with Dr. Das is also very idle as she is a quality surgeon, dm me for more inputs. 

Yes and more Americans preferring them. The forums have traditionally been US/UK centric (with an emphasis on the US) so clinics operating with more US/UK clients have higher visibility vs. smaller European clinics. I really trust the recommended surgeons on here. If your country has a dedicated hairloss forum (what we affectionately call 'the regional satellites') you can ask fellow sufferers or check for results from Dr. Gur. 

In any case, you'll be in good hands with either choice. Now if you have a higher degree of hair loss, I read that Eugenix is the go-to place as they have a reputation for making the most of your grafts.  

36 minutes ago, Xander said:

@StillAlive @mafpe- thank you for comments.

I’ve been noticing FueCapilar described as a “good budget option”. Though Dr Gur has a VIP package where he does the extractions and is more involved at 1.25 EU per graft. Implantations are done by his team, which is even the case for other surgeons like Dr Bicer who charge a higher price per graft.

Dr Bansal’s has a similar level of involvement but for nearly 3x the cost. 

Eugenix does have far more reviews on this forum but is that due to how long they have been in operation? Population of the country maybe?

implantation is somewhat of a chore kind of work in usual cases, as they only put in the grafts into pre made slit. if it's DHI, implantation should best be done by doc since it would dictate the angle and density, it's incision and implantation in one.

it's common to have a little off angle or hair when they first grow, but like our native, hair direction is malleable... to a certain extent. it takes time but style it in a direction often enough, it will subtly change direction. now the only problem with this might be on very curly hair like afro one since they are growing in angles and curls. i might be wrong but that's what i know of it.

eugenix have tons of review due to the sheer quantity and the recommendation of the members here which swears by them. there are some period which many just say "eugenix" when people asked for opinions. price to quality ratio wise, they are rather good, so i heard. i have no real idea however since i didn't research much on eugenix since they have many docs. among them, 3 names i keep seeing though, dr das, dr arika, and dr prasdep.

16 hours ago, DHT said:

Hello buddy, Its great that you did researched. According to me Eugenix is more prominent and has been constantly delivering great results over the last few years. I've been in to the clinic and the hospitality, doctor's willing to take your advice, technicians, and all the rest staff are truly delivering the best. 

Dr. Gur is not well known for providing good results, I'm not saying he's bad surgeon but You should think of a clinic that has more experience in curing cases like you. Ask them testimonials and before and after results. Take your time to dive deeper, in the end it will be your decision and of course we are just gonna give our inputs.

At least, I will say that go with Dr. Arika's premium package or the exclusive package with Dr. Das is also very idle as she is a quality surgeon, dm me for more inputs. 

I would disagree with the statement that Dr Gur is not well known for providing good results.  I’d say it is true that his results are a little harder to find, but I’d you know where to look, he is producing consistently good results.  In fact, I have not seen a single bad result from him, he is a proper surgeon with his own clinic and an experienced team and I see very little in his results to separate him from the ‘elite’ surgeons…….other than the price!  I spent 8 months researching far and wide before selecting Dr Gur for my own procedure which takes place in less than 3 weeks.

6 hours ago, Ronnie21 said:

I would disagree with the statement that Dr Gur is not well known for providing good results.  I’d say it is true that his results are a little harder to find, but I’d you know where to look, he is producing consistently good results.  In fact, I have not seen a single bad result from him, he is a proper surgeon with his own clinic and an experienced team and I see very little in his results to separate him from the ‘elite’ surgeons…….other than the price!  I spent 8 months researching far and wide before selecting Dr Gur for my own procedure which takes place in less than 3 weeks.

Hey folk, I didn't meant to insult a surgeon definitely. I just said that he is not much renowned for providing great results, it may be because of less presence on social media and forums. Of course he is a quality surgeon but we just don't know how constant are the results. Anyways, wish you luck for your procedure, keep updating.  

15 hours ago, DHT said:

Hey folk, I didn't meant to insult a surgeon definitely. I just said that he is not much renowned for providing great results, it may be because of less presence on social media and forums. Of course he is a quality surgeon but we just don't know how constant are the results. Anyways, wish you luck for your procedure, keep updating.  

Hi, I think it is more the terminology you are using that I picked up on.  You have said he is not renowned for providing great results.  I think you are referring to how he definitely does have less presence on forums and social media, but it could be taken to mean that his results aren’t renowned for being good.  If you look on this and other similar forums, there are results of his out there and they are good.  I’ve not seen any bad ones from him TBH.  There are Facebook groups too where he gets a lot more exposure and again, his results are really good.  If you know where to look, he is known for providing great results, it’s just that it takes a little more digging when compared to say Dr Bicer for example, who is very good at getting herself ‘out there’ and talked about on forums like this.

7 hours ago, Steady45 said:

@DHT Do you work for Eugenix?

HAHA, I wish, i got the surgery done from there. I was really impressed by the surgeons, their approach and the hospitality. 
I can definitely recommend them straight away, ofc is an individual is willing to come to India. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments, @mafpe@StillAlive @Ronnie21 @DHT

Yes, his results are harder to find compared to Dr Turan on here and other forums but what I have managed to find is positive. Any ideas on where else I could search?

Would anyone recommend one surgeon over the other?

Also, they’ve recommended 4,000 grafts for me. Dr Gur will do the incisions and extractions himself. Originally it was two days but mentioned it could now be completed in a single day, any concerns with that?

Edited by Xander

31 minutes ago, Xander said:

Thanks for your comments, @mafpe@StillAlive @Ronnie21 @DHT

Yes, his results are harder to find compared to Dr Turan on here and other forums but what I have managed to find is positive. Any ideas on where else I could search?

Would anyone recommend one surgeon over the other?

Also, they’ve recommended 4,000 grafts for me. Dr Gur will do the incisions and extractions himself. Originally it was two days but mentioned it could now be completed in a single day, any concerns with that?

Dr Gur result

I don’t think you can go wrong with either one but fuecapilar will be cheaper. 

Eugenix is really popular and a lot of international clients so they are cashing in. If you’ve the money go for Eugenix otherwise Fuecapilar is just as good. 

A doctor doing the work is always good but it can be a BS gimmick at times and techs do a better job. Results is what matters not the title of the person doing it. 

40 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Dr Gur result

Eugenix is really popular and a lot of international clients so they are cashing in. If you’ve the money go for Eugenix otherwise Fuecapilar is just as good. 

A doctor doing the work is always good but it can be a BS gimmick at times and techs do a better job. Results is what matters not the title of the person doing it. 

Thanks. Is there a preference between Turan & Gur?

Edited by Xander

1 hour ago, LookMaxx said:

Dr Gur result

This hairline has a lot of doubles and some wrong directions. Look at how harsh his hairline is compared to natural softness of the sides? Please avoid

image.png.f9071a47f447fd3bb0542367e964314e.png

Regarding Premium package, you can get the Exclusive package, it is almost the same. Same technicians aswell. You can decide if you want Dr Arika or Dr Das to do your incisions 

1 hour ago, Xander said:

Thanks. Is there a preference between Turan & Gur?

Dr Gur uses FUE while Dr Turan uses the implanter pen. I personally like the implanter pen doctor’s but that’s just my personal preference. 

Edited by LookMaxx

40 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

This hairline has a lot of doubles and some wrong directions. Look at how harsh his hairline is compared to natural softness of the sides? Please avoid

image.png.f9071a47f447fd3bb0542367e964314e.png

Regarding Premium package, you can get the Exclusive package, it is almost the same. Same technicians aswell. You can decide if you want Dr Arika or Dr Das to do your incisions 

Hey,

I would not say my hairline has "lots of doubles". It has a few doubles but it is mostly singles. Also the direction of my hair is very very good.

-Grant

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Dr Gur uses FUE while Dr Turan uses the implanter pen. I personally like the implanter pen doctor’s but that’s just my personal preference. 

Try a little harder to hide your bias, bro. I have noticed you trash talk Turkey before but this is not even trying very hard to trash a very amazing result. 

1479421F-3AE6-44C1-A165-2B8203F5CEC6.thumb.jpeg.f54329e5c1f7df8823d1294c7e077243.jpeg

Clear single grafts and completely indistinguishable from native hairs. 

Let’s ask the victim though @Grant Giller do you have doubles/multis in your hairline and should the clinic be avoided? I mean you’re probably not smart enough to notice them since you’re happy in your video but this guy did and suggesting you’re a bad result.

Thank you for tagging me! I did not see that they were trash talking my hairline... Keep in mind my transplant cost just 2500 Euro, and for that price it is absolutely exceptional. I do not have many doubles and none of my friends can even tell I had a hair transplant. The work that Dr Gur and his team did was exceptional. I have a very natural looking hairline and my hairs are pointed in the correct direction!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grant Giller said:

Hey,

I would not say my hairline has "lots of doubles". It has a few doubles but it is mostly singles. Also the direction of my hair is very very good.

-Grant

Didn’t think you would reply so fast 😄, edited my post on second thought didn’t want to get into an argument.

For what it’s worth I found your YouTube first before this forum and were blown away at the results. I didn’t even know you had doubles until you said it yourself but maybe cause I am not that hair obsessed. I use your videos as an example of Dr Gur amazing work so imagine my surprise when he calls it bad and to avoid it 

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the kind words. I actually replied so fast because I was just about to do my week 29 update video! This was the first negative feedback I have received on my hair transplant. I am super happy with my results and thats all that matters to me!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 7:47 AM, DHT said:

Where r u getting the intel dr Gur is not know for good results ?