to shave or not to shave

I note most of the top docs shave the hair preprocedure - even for strip work. I had a procedure with a Farjos, who didn't shave and still got a good result and I only needed to take a week off work (If shaved would take at least six weeks off). I have to work long and hard to pay the next surgeon. Any thoughts?

Hey Dreadlocks,

BigBill1234, also has a thread running regarding this subject which can be found -here-.

May I ask why you are planning to have your second surgery performed by another clinic giving the fact the Farjos' did your first, got good results and didn't require you to shave?

Hey Maxxy, thanks for the enquiry

Experience has taught me that research is key and surgical skill varies with the stage/nature of work required. If you decide to have a strip and subsequently needed FUE would you stick with the old surgeon out of loyalty or get the best FUE surgeon. Also hair transplantation is probably one of the few medical specialities where you should seek a global expertise hence I continue on my journey but probably will go back to the Farjos.

Good luck with your work BigBill