New member-questions for the community!

Hello all! I have been lurking in this forum for the last few months. I am pretty much decided that I am going to have a HT within the next year. Obviously alot of planning to do. I have narrowed the choice down to a few of the premier doctors listed on this site. I am anxious to post pictures of my hair loss 'situation' once I receive my tripod in the mail from Amazon. I actually am having trouble matching my hairloss severity/pattern against the Norwood 'cartoons' and need some help. A few questions if you don't mind:

1)What is the best way to prevent strip scar stretching? It seems the best way is to simply leave the staples in as long as possible?? I have seen posters that mention staples being in for 3-4 weeks. As a matter of fact, Bill the moderator states Dr. Hasson wants him to leave staples in for 4 weeks. Why doesn't everyone do that? Is it a simple matter of discomfort? Is there any downside to that? Why are so many folks taking staples out after 10 days then developing scar stretching?

2) How long before donor/recipient site sensory abnormalities (numbness/itching/pain) resolves? In an uncomplicated HT, how long before normal sensation returns? Does anyone have persistant and or permanent sensory alteration?

Thanks in advance for replies. I am planning on receiving the tripod and experimenting with techniques to get the shots perfect. I want to have an excellent documentation of my HT progress. I feel that's the best I can do to 'repay' the posters who have helped me (and others) so much with their generosity.

Peace

Hello all! I have been lurking in this forum for the last few months. I am pretty much decided that I am going to have a HT within the next year. Obviously alot of planning to do. I have narrowed the choice down to a few of the premier doctors listed on this site. I am anxious to post pictures of my hair loss 'situation' once I receive my tripod in the mail from Amazon. I actually am having trouble matching my hairloss severity/pattern against the Norwood 'cartoons' and need some help. A few questions if you don't mind:

1)What is the best way to prevent strip scar stretching? It seems the best way is to simply leave the staples in as long as possible?? I have seen posters that mention staples being in for 3-4 weeks. As a matter of fact, Bill the moderator states Dr. Hasson wants him to leave staples in for 4 weeks. Why doesn't everyone do that? Is it a simple matter of discomfort? Is there any downside to that? Why are so many folks taking staples out after 10 days then developing scar stretching?

2) How long before donor/recipient site sensory abnormalities (numbness/itching/pain) resolves? In an uncomplicated HT, how long before normal sensation returns? Does anyone have persistant and or permanent sensory alteration?

Thanks in advance for replies. I am planning on receiving the tripod and experimenting with techniques to get the shots perfect. I want to have an excellent documentation of my HT progress. I feel that's the best I can do to 'repay' the posters who have helped me (and others) so much with their generosity.

Peace