fin from cipla causing severe acne

jay88

hey guys after noticing thining of my hair i decided to give propecia a try for about a month. I had the side effects of what lowwered test should have which was having trouble staying asleep and a very clear face. Since i have no insurance i decided to get my next order online from hairlosstalk.com which was fin made by cipla and right away i noticed opposite effects such as severe acne and heavy sleeping.(are they two different drugs?) So my quesition is where can i get the brand name propecia online(cant deal with the severe acne), i see that u need a prescription but how does that work. On minoxidil.com you have to email dr. lee to request a consultation. How does that work? And if that is too much of a hassle, whats a good alternative to fin, saw palmetto? Sorry for having multiple questions but im just confused on why the cipla fin and propecia fin give me two opposite effects.

Welcome Jay88,

The active ingredient in the cipla brand and the propecia are the same (finasteride)

I buy Proscar from http://www.unitedpharmacies.com (No prescription needed - fair prices) and cut it into 4.

Proscar is made by the same company that make Propecia, both have the active ingredient Finasteride, Propecia has 1mg in and Proscar has 5mg, by cutting Proscar into 4 you get 1.25mg.

By doing the above you greatly reduce the cost, it works out you get about 4 months supply for the price 1.

I have just checked on the site, when it says check for availability its because they are out of stock, it usually only takes them a couple of days to get more in.

Spex, another member on here has a really good contact for Proscar, but he's here in the UK, so if your in the States I'm not sure how it would work,maybe you could send Spex's a message?

hey thanks again maxxy, i looked up spex and it seems that he can only get proscar for people in the UK. Iv'e found another website selling proscar and its called inhousepharmacy.com, are you familiar with that website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jay88!

Finpecia is not only substitution of propecia. There are so many generic propecia. Fincom is very popular in Japan and it's so much cheaper than 1/4 of proscar. When you type the word "finasteride" and "generic", you can find many cheaper substitution. I guess you don't know when to stop taking finasteride, it's better to save money icon_biggrin.gif