NEED HELP PICKING A DR IN ISTANBUL

ChefP

Don’t be discouraged by dr Bicer’s dates, I was first given a date of December this year and then moved up to april this month. So it’s all about how soon you want to get this done. I’d rather go for the best doc out there 

1 minute ago, Elrecio81 said:

did you just bring cash to pay for the procedure?

Yes, otherwise you need to pay an extra fee (a banking system "issue").

2 minutes ago, Elrecio81 said:

I was wondering how you managed or about if the area is ok

I was worried as hell as I was travelling with cash for 3 days and 1,5k km :D The area is fine. Once I met a group of kids and they followed me for ~100 m constantly repeating "money".

Good doctors for a reasonable price in turkey would be Dr yaman, Dr Turan and Dr gur. Also Dr demirsoy would be a good choice in affordable price. They are safe choices with Dr involvement and they have affordable costs. If you don't mind about the cost you could always select asmed, hlc and pekiner. I don't think though their big difference in price will give you a better result. So I would go for the first group with affordable prices.

I was Norwood 6. Did 2 sessions with Bicer.

She won’t take 4000. It’s an estimate. Probably 3800.

then after a year- the crown.

I did 3640 and 2850 grafts combined Inc. the crown (after 1 year from the first session).

I live in Amsterdam si I checked also EU surgeons before I picked her. 
IMO- if she would operate in EU, she could charge easily 3-4-5€ per graft like the EU surgeons. 

Personally I think, if you’ll pick a Dr. From the list here in the forum, you’ll get a good result. All of them are good and won’t operate if there is any risk result wouldn’t be perfect.

the rest it depends in your hair. Type, donor area, etc.

41 it’s a good age to do HT as the progress of losing hair is getting slower. So I think if you’ll do 2 sessions you’ll be ok for the future.

good luck!

37CB3B2D-6A97-4910-B889-22997E28D218.jpeg

2E2BC2D1-9DC0-4D15-A3C7-2743BDE57A3A.jpeg

Edited by Eran
  • Like 5

On 3/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, Elrecio81 said:

@Eran awesome results man! And yeah I’ll probably do the two procedures and should be ok after that. I assume your donor area is ok after two procedures? 

EB63CC18-E1AA-4065-A5F6-3480B8A7E37E.jpeg

E4A46D15-A007-4D54-8DFF-3D2E58574C8C.jpeg

38F2B038-0F2E-4AD4-9066-3AA16DCC0DC5.jpeg

great results @Eran Most likely I'll need 2. 

My dad's hair has thinned out on top he has a little left but has lots around the sides. He is 72 this year mind. I've been told to start up on Minoxidil and Finasteride. I took the latter before in the pill format, so this time will look for the gel.

If I need to try the meds for 10 months first to a year ( as recommended by some docs), then I might try it after that.

On 3/23/2022 at 2:07 AM, ChefP said:

Hi Everyone

New here just joined but I am headed to Istanbul the first week of June 2022 and looking to book in at a clinic for my first ever hair transplant. I'm 41 yrs old. Done a lot of reading on this and looking at FUE been told I can have between 3000-4500 Grafts. I've so far been in touch with and have had replies back from the following DR's and clinics:

- Dr Yaman - Will avoid temple grafts and opt to reinforce my natural hairline

- Dr Bicer (she is away when I'm there)

- Dr Achar, Cosmedica/get more hair

- Dr Alev, Dr T hair Best Hair Transplant clinic

- Dr Akpinar, Smile Hair Clinic

Ok that's all I have for now so I appreciate and all advice from this Forum!!

Kind regards

Mad respect lad…I am planning the same for the start of June. Leaving from Perth, WA.

Just stumbled across Dr Ma from Freia Medical in Singapore….check it out