4,000 grafts, but what hairline? / "the standard hair transplant hairline"

Hello everyone!

I have a couple questions that are actually fairly independent (I think), but I don't want to create a bunch of threads. It's likely that I'll be going to a hair clinic in Mexico City and they asked me for four photos of my head to give me an estimate. I'll attach those same four photos here. My question stems from the fact that they came back with recommending 4,000 grafts. That part is fine (I think), but when even when I visited in person there was no talk of what hairline I'd be getting.** Isn't saying how many grafts without discussing hairline like going into a barber's shop and just saying "medium length, please."? But I have noticed that there is this sort of default 'weirdly perfect' hairline that most hair transplant recipients get. What's up with that?

Perhaps relatedly I'm wondering if it's possible that it's too early in my hair loss trajectory to get a hair transplant. Thoughts?

Thanks (and sorry about the pictures being sideways -- they aren't that way on my computer)

** Note: They weren't evasive, I just failed to bring it up and neither did they.

crown.png

frente.jpeg

front.jpeg

perfil-izquierdo.jpeg

Edited by typish

3 hours ago, J.A.C said:

The most talked about and recommended clinics in Mexico are Dr Nader + HMR (Dr Cortez) these are the ones to be consulting with…What was the name of the clinic that you saw ? Thanks 🙏 

People on this forum don't seem to know about him, but the clinic where he works has an extremely high Google rating (and I'm no digital sleuth, but they don't seem like bot reviews).

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

7 minutes ago, typish said:

People on this forum don't seem to know about him, but the clinic where he works has an extremely high Google rating (and I'm no digital sleuth, but they don't seem like bot reviews).

Please be wary of the Google ratings, bot like or not they cannot be relied upon. Especially be suspicious of a extremely high rating, all clinics (even the best) have moderate and not so good results. What you want to see is a actual person posting incl pics and a 12 month journey, I have actually heard of this Dr but the other names I have given are reliable and we have actual results posted here on the forum. 4K is too many grafts if it’s in being done in one day, not that i think your needing that many anyway. Definitely worth considering/consulting with at least 3 clinics before making any decisions. Are you on a med regime? 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Please be wary of the Google ratings, bot like or not they cannot be relied upon. Especially be suspicious of a extremely high rating, all clinics (even the best) have moderate and not so good results. What you want to see is a actual person posting incl pics and a 12 month journey, I have actually heard of this Dr but the other names I have given are reliable and we have actual results posted here on the forum. 4K is too many grafts if it’s in being done in one day, not that i think your needing that many anyway. Definitely worth considering/consulting with at least 3 clinics before making any decisions. Are you on a med regime? 

I don't want to get too deep into the weeds of this particular guy in this thread (maybe I'll make another thread about finding reviews) -- but should I ask the clinic for someone's development/recovery over 12-months? And about the 4,000 grafts being too many: they mentioned that they don't remove all the grafts at once. It's a procedure where they remove some number, implant those, then remove more, and so on ...

4 minutes ago, typish said:

I don't want to get too deep into the weeds of this particular guy in this thread (maybe I'll make another thread about finding reviews) -- but should I ask the clinic for someone's development/recovery over 12-months? And about the 4,000 grafts being too many: they mentioned that they don't remove all the grafts at once. It's a procedure where they remove some number, implant those, then remove more, and so on ...

Around 3k per day is far more usual/realistic, 3.5k max, anything higher is a risk as the quality reduces. Seeing higher graft counts is a red flag, and sometimes isn’t based on need but on cost per graft instead. Please seek consultations from others and I’m sure you will see the differences, by all means ask for results from this Dr, but if you can’t find any on a well established forum such as this then that is usually another red flag. I just want you to proceed with caution, and that your now aware their are other reliable names such as the others I have mentioned. Does it have to be Mexico? Or can you travel? Some really good options in South America and elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

Your hair situation reminds me of mine prior to an operation.
All my life I've also had a willows peak, so the team made sure to give me a hairline that kind of matches what it was like before I lost my hair.
I personally prefer it over 'straight hairlines' that some people get, each to their own. :)

Here's a sample video (I HAVE PERMISSION FROM MELVIN TO SHARE THIS VIDEO);

3500 grafts in one day for reference.