REACTION TO PROPECIA/PROSCAR - ADVICE NEEDED!

ned

Hi All,

Ive been using propecia since 2005. When I initially took it a rash appeared on my lower legs, mainly around the ankle area. The rash resembled nettle stings, and probably grew to about 1/4 inch before turning dark red. The rash usually lasted a week and dissapeared. Alchohol seemed to be a major catalyst and seemed to trigger a reaction (Sometimes 1-2hrs after drinking) This probably happened about 5 or 6 times over a 3 month period and then I havent been bothered since. My doctor advised it was probably one of the symptoms of the propecia. I perseveared with this and havent had any problems since....until this week...

5 years on......I have just stayed in a B&B and both my girlfriend and I were bitten by bed bugs!! I thought nothing of it, but hers dissapeared and mine has got worse. 5 days after the bites, my old 'propecia' rash reappeared sporadically and all over my body (my face, arms and back mainly near the bites)....my guess is the bites/poison have reacted with the propecia(!)?..... This is getting servely worrying as I my eye has now totally swollan....

I think it is also affecting my spelling as well icon_wink.gif

On the serious side, we are getting a bit concerned, and prior to me visiting my doctor, has anybody else reacted like this to propecia/proscar and alhohol/insect bites/or anything else acted as a catalyst??????

Hi Ned-

There could be other factors that could be causing your rash, not necessarily the Propecia.

What kind of a doc are you seeing about the rash? Is this your GP or are you seeing a dermatologist? If you haven't seen a dermatologist, I strongly recommend you see one ASAP.