SHOULD DO PRP 5 MONTH POST OP HAIR TRANSPLANT

PRP is one of the modalities we typically refer to when dealing with this condition.  Unfortunately not all PRP treatments are the same.  Tons of research suggested.  Review photos of results, etc.  

When you hear the word "sessions," consider its meaning.  It's likely a syringe size qty blood. Once processed, a few shots (without an anesthetic) - and that's it.  Come back for X number of sessions.  Disappointment a few months later when you see no difference. 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

PRP is not very well tested and many in the medical community are skeptical about the results. For instance, I had a tear in my Achilles. The Dr offered PRP but said that he truly doesn't believe that it works. That said, I don't see the harm in trying other than wasting money. It is widely used now for many different injuries. Are you having slow growth? 

I'm not a medical expert though!

Edited by JoeMan

26 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

PRP is not very well tested and many in the medical community are skeptical about the results. For instance, I had a tear in my Achilles. The Dr offered PRP but said that he truly doesn't believe that it works. That said, I don't see the harm in trying other than wasting money. It is widely used now for many different injuries. Are you having slow growth? 

I agree. I had PRP for tennis elbow and it didn't do anything. 

@Ahmedtushar In my opinion PRP is somewhat gimmicky and is mainly a way for the doctor to add on extra charges. I suppose PRP may cause grafts to grow somewhat faster than they normally would. But all the grafts that will grow, will grow regardless if you do PRP or not. And say you have bad grafts that are destined to not grow, PRP will not reverse the outcome. 

In short, only do PRP if you have money to burn. 

• Like 1