losing existing hair.

Ahmedtushar

It is important to understand the many components to hair loss.  First, let's discuss shedding.  The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it goes into a dormant phase. This typically lasts about 3-4 months and then the hair returns.  This will happen to every hair in your head randomly.  Hair loss is different.

Go into a bright light and look at the hair in your temporal areas, (corners). You'll notice strands that are really thick while others not so much.  This process is called miniaturization.  Eventually the hair withers away and disappears.  That's hair loss.

During a transplant procedure, a follicle is harvested.  It will typically have a short stubble which is used to transport the graft to the recipient site. Sometimes the hair starts growing from the get-go. This hair will normally fall off and a new one will start growing around the 3-month mark.  So, perhaps this is what you're experiencing.  Other times it could be shock loss.  

If it is shock loss, typically that hair will return at about the same time the grafts will start growing.  Most times this is caused by the trauma of the surgery. This prompts the hair you would have shed a bit sooner.  Once the body figures out what's happening, the hair will resume growing.  

It is common for doctors to recommend the use of Rogaine for X amount of time prior to a procedure, (particularly in women) to avoid this issue.  So, my question. are you doing any medical regimen to help you with retention of the native hair? This might be a good time to consider it.

Lastly, visit with your doctor and see what he says.  Perhaps he can make some recommendations in your case.  

I would take photos, wait 3 months and take another set.  Do the same at 6 months.  Keep communicating with the clinic and keep them abreast of the situation.  This might help you, particularly if you encounter more issues down the road.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.