Is it safe to use anti frizz anti curl lotion?

Hi,

I'm around 8 months after my last procedure and my hair has come in pretty fast, but I'm noticing it's starting to come in wavey, and I have a huge curl on my hairline, almost like a cow lick. Consequently I read an article in a men's magazine stating that using a hair relaxer might help eliminate this. Thus I went out and bought Rusk's Str8 anti frizz- anti curl lotion, only because that's what happened to be in my local drug store.

After shampooing the instructions say to rub in about a nickle sized portion, massage into wet hair, wait 5 minutes, and then blow dry. The activation of the main ingredient, thermplex, along with the heat from the hair dryer work together and straightens the hair.

I'm not trying to promote this product but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if something like this is safe to use, and can I keep using it because it does seem to work, although I've only used it once. I certainly don't want to use anything that will harm my existing hair or transplants.

Thanks for any advice.

bananas,

Straightening hair every day with something like a flattening iron could make it brittle, and possibly more prone to breakage; however, even this should not damage the actual follicles.

So simply using the lotion as directed with a light/medium heat setting on the blow dryer won't harm you. A lot of patients use different products to "tame" their hair for a while. Misuse of chemical straighteners can damage anyone's existing hair, though.

Best,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

bananas,

Chemically straightening hair is a process that should be performed by a hair care professional. This is different from the day to day application of styling lotions.

Best,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website