DHT blockers = increased estrogen levels?

master_d

Hi guys,

first post on this forum, but I've been lurking for awhile. I had a question about the effects of DHT blockers on the body. I've heard that DHT acts as a natural "anti-estrogen" in the body and when you take a DHT blocker like propecia, avodart, or proscar you are eliminating most of the DHT and thus increasing your estrogen levels which can lead to gyno, increased water/fat retention, mood swings, and erectile dysfunction, but it should not reduce your testosterone levels and from what I understand DHT doesn't play a role in muscle building. I'm a body builder so the idea of increased estrogen levels isn't exactly appealing to me. I was wondering if there are other body builders on this site who have tried one of these DHT blockers for an extended period of time and what their results were. (Ie did you have increased fat% or decreased muscle mass? or did it become harder for you to put on lean mass?) Also has anyone taken a DHT blocker and an anti-estrogen like Nolvadex? I'm not sure what effect that would have on the body, but I'd be interested in hearing your experiences. I'm 30 years old and have some frontal hairloss which I plan on correcting with surgery next year after I find a doctor. I'm considering going on proscar if I can get a prescription, but I don't want to do it if it would raise my estrogen levels significantly as this introduces new problems. Any information or personal experience from body builders on here?