Switching from fin to duta

I have been on fin 0.5mg per day for almost 1 year, and i believe it is not working. My hair is getting worse by the day. I am now considering switching to duta to help maintain what i have till i can afford a hairtransplant. I wanted to ask if anyone here has any experience with duta and if someone has noticed any improvement after switching. 

You can increase finasteride to 1mg daily. Have you tried that? Dutasteride is more effective since it works on 2 isoforms of 5-alpha reductase whereas finasteride works on only 1 isoform.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You can increase finasteride to 1mg daily. Have you tried that? Dutasteride is more effective since it works on 2 isoforms of 5-alpha reductase whereas finasteride works on only 1 isoform.

Thanks for you reply. 

No i didnt, i have read couple of times that 0.5mg is almost as effective as 1mg. But i will try taking 1mg until i can get dutasteride and see if its going to do something. 

• Like 1