Regimen Before HT

I will be having my HT in February and would like to hear your advice on what Shampoo's / Meds / Vitamins regimen I should be on now and in the future.

I am not on any meds or vitamins currently and use a regular volumizing shampoo.

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

I will be having my HT in February and would like to hear your advice on what Shampoo's / Meds / Vitamins regimen I should be on now and in the future.

I am not on any meds or vitamins currently and use a regular volumizing shampoo.

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

Ah ok,

I would still say go on the big 3: Proscar, Rogaine and Nizoral (Shampoo).

Must people will recommend you try the meds for a year before a transplant.

Vitamins - I take MSM (some believe it speeds up hair growth) and Silica (it's said to thicken the hair).

buck-

I have tried a bunch of all natural shampoos post op and the one I like the best, per a recommendation of an old Dr. Wong patient--Biscuit, is Jason Natural Biotin Shampoo. No alcohol, no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or anything else harmful.

My scalp got real dry from the use of baby shampoo and some of the other all natural gentle shampoos I tried. But this one has worked really well for me and is less drying on my scalp.

In terms of vitamins, I take a multi-vitamin, MSM/Glucosamine, and Omega-3 Fish oil caps.

Drink a lot of fluids post surgery, eat healthy, don't smoke, no drinking 2-weeks prior and at least for a while after surgery.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Mikey79,

A hair transplant is not the end of it, it is not going stop future loss.

Your transplanted hair won't bald, but you native hair has every chance of thinning later on, even if your hairloss has stabilised.

Mikey-

You need to ask yourself, has my loss stabilized at this point?

Depending on the coverage area you need, additional surgeries may be needed to fill in thinner areas or areas not hit in the first procedure.

Just to give you an idea of yearly med costs:

Proscar (same as propecia only cheaper)- $210/yr

Rogaine Foam 5% (you can get generic liquid which is cheaper)- $150/yr

MSM/Glucosamine (Costco)- $70/yr

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...