DHI FUE with 0.5mm extractions

akonsta

At DHI, we are now using extractions of 0.5mm.

These instruments are able to extract intact and excellent one or two hair grafts. 60% of them are two hair grafts.

1mm excisions create 385% more damage and a 0.75 mm extraction creates 225% more damage to the area than a 0.5mm extraction.

We are preparing a study with the valuable help of University of Athens on this very important aspect of FUE technology to be presented in medical meetings.

Another advantage of the 0.5 mm extractions is that the extracted one and two hair grafts do not require dissections or preparation and can be placed immediately after extraction thus avoiding any stress or damage.

extraction.jpg

DHI Employee -

At DHI, we are now using extractions of 0.5mm.

These instruments are able to extract intact and excellent one or two hair grafts. 60% of them are two hair grafts.

1mm excisions create 385% more damage and a 0.75 mm extraction creates 225% more damage to the area than a 0.5mm extraction.

We are preparing a study with the valuable help of University of Athens on this very important aspect of FUE technology to be presented in medical meetings.

Another advantage of the 0.5 mm extractions is that the extracted one and two hair grafts do not require dissections or preparation and can be placed immediately after extraction thus avoiding any stress or damage.

extraction.jpg

DHI Employee -

Akonsta...just curious..since grafts also form in 3 and occasionally 4 hair groupings, do you just leave those 3 and 4 hair grafts alone during the extraction process?

Also, you say that with these 1 or 2 hair grafts need no further prep after extraction, and can be immediately placed in the donor site...what is the shape of the base of the graft upon extraction??...(circular, oval, eliptical, other)...and what shape is the recipient cavity as well?...thanks..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

"Akonsta...just curious..since grafts also form in 3 and occasionally 4 hair groupings, do you just leave those 3 and 4 hair grafts alone during the extraction process?"

The 3 and 4 hair grafts are removed with a .75 or .8 mm extraction tool.

"Also, you say that with these 1 or 2 hair grafts need no further prep after extraction, and can be immediately placed in the donor site...what is the shape of the base of the graft upon extraction??...(circular, oval, eliptical, other)...and what shape is the recipient cavity as well?...thanks.. "

Grafts are circular in shape. The recipient sites are made with slits for a snug fit. The slits are opened for insertion with either the DHI Implanter or forceps.

Recipient sites should be made with a slit blade or high gauge needle. Making recipient sites with large instruments causes pitting usually. A follicle is only 100 microns in width and needs to be held snug after insertion.

PeterMac@dhi.gr

www.dhimedical.com

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.