How does your partner feel about your hair loss treatment?

petergibbons

Originally, I was going to call this "How does your wife feel about your HT" but then I decided that would limit the scope of this discussion.

I am now four months post op from my second HT, and my wife was very accepting but I sure had to wear her down to get her to believe that I was doing it for myself and not for her. A lot of non-balding folks don't understand that in most cases we do it for ourselves. I don't necessarily believe that people who elect cosmetic procedures have any kind of disability or weakness.

Plenty of women with uneven breasts decide to have one or both augmented. Lots of people, present company included, have their teeth professionally whitened or straightened, and yet there is no stigma. Millions of people get their eyes lasered and if you're in the US and have a flexible spending account they will even REIMBURSE you out of your own account.

My question is, do some people face an uphill battle with their spouses? If so, how do you deal with it. I understand the financial impact but having hair, even if it is a hair system can translate into a bigger paycheck.