15 days post-op --> black spots/bumps on scalp

Hey guys, I am now 15 days post-op from a HT procedure on my hairline. Up until yesterday, I was healing well and noticed no problems. I experienced no swelling at all and all scabs were gone by day 7. I began shedding some transplanted hairs about 3 days ago and everything has seemed fine; however, yesterday I noticed that right at the front of my hairline where some of the transplanted hairs were placed, there are little black dots on the scalp where the transplanted hairs are growing. There are even a couple of hairs that have already shed and I can still see a black dot where each of them were, and these hairs were hooked at the root. The best way to describe them is that they look like blackheads with hair sticking out of them, and it's only right up at the front of the hairline ... I can see about 20 or so dots. Also, to add even more to my paranoia, these dots feel slightly bumpy. I've read on this forum about cobblestoning and how the bumps usually feel like goosebumps. These only feel slightly bumpy, not quite like goosebumps, and I can't even see these bumps in the mirror, but I can feel them with my fingers. Is this normal? Is it part of the healing process, or is it something I should be concerned about?

I prefer to not say who I had my HT with, but it was a coalition surgeon, and I've read and seen nothing but good results with his work, so I'm sure there were no outdated methods applied to my HT. I have tried several times to get photos of these dots, but the result is too blurry because it's so close-up. I will keep trying so that you all can see what I am talking about.

Any comments/suggestions/shared experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ok, I was able to get a couple of decent pics. In the first one, I have circled the black spots where the transplanted hair has already shed. You may notice there are some spots around the area that still have hairs in them. In the second one, you can actually see the bumps: the flash from the camera reflected them as white dots, and you can barely see what looks like black pores around some of the bumps. Again, these pictures are decent and they don't really do justice to what can be seen in person. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, here ...

DSC007512.JPG.4ceae41bdb73463bb2ba6273cf20362a.JPG

Originally posted by mrkneed:

Looks like it could be hairs trying to break thru the skin. Does not look like anything to worry about but ask your doc and he or she can tell you exactly what it is.

mr kneed, need no reexplanation. Ask the doc and its probably hair from before HT that after area shaved or transplanted hair.