Harvest Zone for FUE - why so high ?

When I see the photos of patients who have had FUE, I see the harvested area on the back on the head and it is quite high, ie either side of the Ridge aound ear level, which is the obvious safe zone.

I am thinking of FUE next year and would like it to be discreet and not have to shave down large sections of my head

Why dont Surgeons harvest hairs right at neck level, at the base of the scalp , at the lowest point ? That way longer hair from above could hide the scars and red dots ?

I know Surgeons dont extract the FUT strip from the lowest point, ie neck level, because it could stretch, but what is stopping Surgeons targetting this area for FUE ?

When I see the photos of patients who have had FUE, I see the harvested area on the back on the head and it is quite high, ie either side of the Ridge aound ear level, which is the obvious safe zone.

I am thinking of FUE next year and would like it to be discreet and not have to shave down large sections of my head

Why dont Surgeons harvest hairs right at neck level, at the base of the scalp , at the lowest point ? That way longer hair from above could hide the scars and red dots ?

I know Surgeons dont extract the FUT strip from the lowest point, ie neck level, because it could stretch, but what is stopping Surgeons targetting this area for FUE ?