My First Buzz Cut

Pearson

Today is Day 19 after a 2500 graft HT with Dr. Rahal, and I just buzzed my hair down to a #5 guard. My donor scar is very red and much more noticeable, especially on my right side. I've always wondered how I'd look with a buzz cut, but have been too scared to try it. I figured now is the time to try it, because I'll be wearing a hat in public for a few months anyway. What do you think? Is this shock loss? Is it normal to be so red after 19 days?

I'm no expert but I have read a doctor on the board say the redness in the scar area is the worst up till around 6 weeks.

I hope you have great results. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by wantego:

I'm no expert but I have read a doctor on the board say the redness in the scar area is the worst up till around 6 weeks.

I hope you have great results. icon_smile.gif

Hey Wantego,

It's been a month since i had My HT & my scar is still red. Cant wait till its gone

At day 14 I buzzed down to a # 1, it feels so good! It does take a bit of getting used to if you have never had it that short. However it brings the rest of your hair to the same length as the grafts.

Clearly you can still see my scar, however im sure in a month or so you wont be able too. Which im guessing will be at a #3 length.

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog