New to Forum and have a question

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say a few things and ask a question.

I have been reading posts within this network for several weeks now and finally joined today after I felt that I have reached a good understanding of the vocab, acronyms, and issues with HTs and meds. This network is extremely helpful and useful and I am sure everyone agrees. I am glad to have found you all and Bill you have done a great job here.

So I have a question that I couldn't find when doing my research:

I have a girlfriend of 6 months and everything is going very well. She is very supportive and caring, and has become my best friend in the past half year, but I am really scared to admit to her that I want a HT and she may think I am shallow or vain. I am in a jam. I was reading a prior post and recall that a doctor said that the HT lasts forever, the girlfriend may not, which is pretty comical.

However, what do you guys think/recommend, and is there anyone that was in this situation or currently is in the same case? I really just want to be honest and speak my mind, but I know this will be very difficult for me.

thanks guys and I hope to speak a great deal with you.

Also forgot to mention I am 30 years of age.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say a few things and ask a question.

I have been reading posts within this network for several weeks now and finally joined today after I felt that I have reached a good understanding of the vocab, acronyms, and issues with HTs and meds. This network is extremely helpful and useful and I am sure everyone agrees. I am glad to have found you all and Bill you have done a great job here.

So I have a question that I couldn't find when doing my research:

I have a girlfriend of 6 months and everything is going very well. She is very supportive and caring, and has become my best friend in the past half year, but I am really scared to admit to her that I want a HT and she may think I am shallow or vain. I am in a jam. I was reading a prior post and recall that a doctor said that the HT lasts forever, the girlfriend may not, which is pretty comical.

However, what do you guys think/recommend, and is there anyone that was in this situation or currently is in the same case? I really just want to be honest and speak my mind, but I know this will be very difficult for me.

thanks guys and I hope to speak a great deal with you.

Also forgot to mention I am 30 years of age.

Well,

If or when you decide on doing it , I would ask for her feedback on it ( you may want to show her some info/pictures as many have negative ideas of results).

if anything she should be happy as you will look better and wanting to improve your appearance. It's not shallow, you just want what you lost.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Welcome to the forum. I, like you, am new to here, considering a HT seriously for the first time, and am also 30.

If she's meant to be with you, and she truly has been your best friend for the last six months, than I don't think you have anything to worry about. I also don't think you need to broach the subject with her as one of total shame. In fact, I think you could bring it up with her the exact same way you just brought it up with us.

"Hey, not to sound completely shallow or vain, but I'm considering a hair transplant. This is what I've learned. These are the current procedures. What do you think?"

It's a foot in the door to having an open conversation. If anything, she should at least feel secure in knowing you trust her with your most intimate feelings. If not, well then maybe she's not the one.

...Here I go bringing up feelings again. That's why I'm the Tree Hugger.

If you plan on continuing to date her and have been spending significant time with her in the past, you should probably broach the subject with her because she WILL notice something is up. Unless you plan to wear a hat at all times with her, I would tell her. It takes a lot longer than you think to begin to look normal again, especially if you are having a larger session. If you are having a smaller session and there is no shaving of the recipient area,

you could probably get away without saying anything.

If you do decided to say something, tell her you have been thinking about it for a while and see how she feels about the whole thing. Besides my girl and two of my balding good friends, not even my family knows.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

oh honey, i would like to have bigger breasts by having breast implants, do you think i am too vain?...

Guys who say no to this, please post. I don't think there is such a thing as a guy who is too vain.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley