Finasteride after hair transplant

Bravo

I am having a hair transplant this month in Thailand by Dr Pathomvanich and his team, hopefully with 4000 grafts (FUT).

I still have hair on the top (although thin), and am wondering if anyone here has had a hair transplant and started to take finasteride directly after and had their existing hair thicken up?

I will of course speak to the Dr about this when I have my consult before the transplant, but it would be good to get some first hand experience from others.

• 2 months later...

Finasteride was approved by the FDA and is indicated for the treatment of male pattern hair loss (MPB). Since 5 mg Finasteride is frequently used in the treatment of prostate diseases as well, extensive clinical studies were performed in order to address the efficiency and the side effects of the drug. Sometimes, Side effects for Finasteride include a higher chance of aggressive prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, and loss of libido. It is not necessary after a hair transplant, but it is a good idea to ask your doctor why he prescribed it.