Post Op Tips

I have my FUT procedure with Dr. Meshkin on Oct 6th.

I've been trying to find a forum post which gives some tips pre and post op.

I know there must be someone that just wrote up some good post op summary, but I just can't find it.

1. Main things I'd like to know are, any way to help improve the healing of the implants and make the scabs come off sooner? I read something about Vitamin E oil?

2. Also, anything suggested to help the scar heal nicely? I know to stay away from working out, sports, stenuous activity, but anything to put on the scar to help it not show as much?

3. Any tips on sleeping the first week after FUT surgery? Should I get some special pillow? Do I need to sleep on a towel? Things to help me sleep better?

4. Is it OK to play and pick up my kids the next day after surgery? My kids are 2 yo and 6 months

Thanks!

I have my FUT procedure with Dr. Meshkin on Oct 6th.

I've been trying to find a forum post which gives some tips pre and post op.

I know there must be someone that just wrote up some good post op summary, but I just can't find it.

1. Main things I'd like to know are, any way to help improve the healing of the implants and make the scabs come off sooner? I read something about Vitamin E oil?

2. Also, anything suggested to help the scar heal nicely? I know to stay away from working out, sports, stenuous activity, but anything to put on the scar to help it not show as much?

3. Any tips on sleeping the first week after FUT surgery? Should I get some special pillow? Do I need to sleep on a towel? Things to help me sleep better?

4. Is it OK to play and pick up my kids the next day after surgery? My kids are 2 yo and 6 months

Thanks!

I won't be able to write up like great post, but I could give you my advice from my experiences:

1. I wouldn't use any kind of oil like vitamin E, it may be too thick and clog up and cause complications. Maybe in a month or two later but with castor oil. You could use John's Baby shampoo to rinse out the dry blood and shampoo with it there after. (*Make sure you follow your surgeon's advice about how to rinse your head the first 48 hours or so.)

2. You should be given an ointment to help heal the scar from the clinic. Applying it every day for 15 days after each shower/shampoo.

3. Haaa, sleeping. You need to have something soft to elevate your back and head to help you sleep better. I use a bean bag on my bed; my butt on the bed and my back an head on the bag--my body, at the stomach, bent at angle of 135 degrees. (In addition, if you have a HT on the receding hairline and to the side of your head, *use an airplane or traveling pillow ($15 at Target) to lock your head by the neck so that you don't turn your head sideways and have the recipient area touching/rubbing anything.)

4.You should be fine pick up your kids but don't carry them around too long.

Good luck this Oct.:)