Cosmedica vs Dr Resul Yaman vs Dr Demisroy (pictures included)

Introduction

I'm thinking of having an FUE transplant this summer in Turkey and I would like some advice on the following clinics. I'm nervous and want to get this right.

About me

I'm a 28 year old male from Manchester, England and I'm a norwood 3V. My father is 67 and a norwood 3V. I've basically inherited his hairline, except my hair is more coarse and prone to looking a mess when it is windy or when I sweat. I have lost my hairline since the age of 22 and it has now stabilised.

Why I want a transplant

My hair causes me a lot of stress. If there is the slightest bit of wind or if I sweat (I also have hyperhidrosis), I look an absolute mess. I have been scared of the wind for years. I don't like how I look with a shaved head and I've taken to using hairspray. I strongly believe I will not progress beyond a norwood 3V or 4, so I believe I am a candidate for FUE. Farjo clinic here in Manchester is too expensive, and Shahmalak has some negative reviews (and is also expensive). I am nervous about getting a transplant as it is surgery and will change how I look, but these forums have inspired me and I believe it will improve my quality of life. I only want to do this once, so I want to get it right and I don't want a huge number of grafts taken, as I want to play it safe and I don't want a sparse donor area. I believe 3000 grafts is my sweet spot.

Cosmedica

Price: 1990 euros for unlimited grafts (?1540)

Positives: Good review on another forum from another English person, uses FUE method with + PRP (plateled rich plasma), Dr Levent Acar has 8 years experience, cheaper, includes hotel and transport.

Negatives: Technicians remove grafts, not surgeon. Not as well known. I might not get Dr Acar (though I would insist).

Dr Resul Yaman

Price: 1 euro per graft (3500 euros for 3500 grafts - ?2700)

Positives: Dr Yaman makes all of the incisions himself with a rotating FUE device with punch sizes ranging between .7mm and .9mm, PRP method, includes hotel and transport.

Negatives: More expensive, not as well known? I think I will need around 3000 grafts, not 3500.

Dr Demisroy

Price: 1.25 euro per graft (?3400 for 3500 grafts or ?2900 for 3000 grafts)

Positives: Well known, good reviews, hotel and transport included.

Negatives: More expensive for me (around ?3500 I guess).

My Pictures

These have been edited by Dr Resul Yaman and are attached below. He thinks I need 3500 grafts, but I think he has drawn my hairline a bit low. However, my temples are high. I have diffused on top (diffuse thinner) so I believe my transplant doesn't need to be too dense in order to match.

crown.jpg.f2c6168dea20dd7402cd90a3ed6e491d.jpg

hairline.jpg.a0250abc9e986fb4dcc4942a48f39798.jpg

side.JPG.43d9993d21aa0887a2bf58a17491b41e.JPG

Introduction

I'm thinking of having an FUE transplant this summer in Turkey and I would like some advice on the following clinics. I'm nervous and want to get this right.

About me

I'm a 28 year old male from Manchester, England and I'm a norwood 3V. My father is 67 and a norwood 3V. I've basically inherited his hairline, except my hair is more coarse and prone to looking a mess when it is windy or when I sweat. I have lost my hairline since the age of 22 and it has now stabilised.

Why I want a transplant

My hair causes me a lot of stress. If there is the slightest bit of wind or if I sweat (I also have hyperhidrosis), I look an absolute mess. I have been scared of the wind for years. I don't like how I look with a shaved head and I've taken to using hairspray. I strongly believe I will not progress beyond a norwood 3V or 4, so I believe I am a candidate for FUE. Farjo clinic here in Manchester is too expensive, and Shahmalak has some negative reviews (and is also expensive). I am nervous about getting a transplant as it is surgery and will change how I look, but these forums have inspired me and I believe it will improve my quality of life. I only want to do this once, so I want to get it right and I don't want a huge number of grafts taken, as I want to play it safe and I don't want a sparse donor area. I believe 3000 grafts is my sweet spot.

Cosmedica

Price: 1990 euros for unlimited grafts (?1540)

Positives: Good review on another forum from another English person, uses FUE method with + PRP (plateled rich plasma), Dr Levent Acar has 8 years experience, cheaper, includes hotel and transport.

Negatives: Technicians remove grafts, not surgeon. Not as well known. I might not get Dr Acar (though I would insist).

Dr Resul Yaman

Price: 1 euro per graft (3500 euros for 3500 grafts - ?2700)

Positives: Dr Yaman makes all of the incisions himself with a rotating FUE device with punch sizes ranging between .7mm and .9mm, PRP method, includes hotel and transport.

Negatives: More expensive, not as well known? I think I will need around 3000 grafts, not 3500.

Dr Demisroy

Price: 1.25 euro per graft (?3400 for 3500 grafts or ?2900 for 3000 grafts)

Positives: Well known, good reviews, hotel and transport included.

Negatives: More expensive for me (around ?3500 I guess).

My Pictures

These have been edited by Dr Resul Yaman and are attached below. He thinks I need 3500 grafts, but I think he has drawn my hairline a bit low. However, my temples are high. I have diffused on top (diffuse thinner) so I believe my transplant doesn't need to be too dense in order to match.

Firstly, don't even consider Cosmedica. Wipe it from your mind now unless you want to pay extra in the future to mend their mistakes. I would continue researching this as even considering Cosmetic indicates you haven't researched much.

There's no guarantee you've inherited your dads hair. You could lose a lot more than him, are you on medication to halt things?

Dr Yaman has given you a rough idea of what he's thinking, he hasn't drawn a definitive hairline for you, this is for you both to look at in person.

I'm no expert but if I were in your position I would wait a few more years and see if medication works for me. Once I know it does and the hair is at a stable loss, I would then go ahead. You only have a finite number of donor hairs to make things right and you're young.

Could you tell me what you know about Cosmedica? I was put out by the fact that the surgeon himself doesn't remove grafts, but the review I saw was positive and seemed very geniune. I can post it if I'm allowed to link to other forums?

Medication is a no go - been there many years ago and will never take it again.

As for waiting a few years, I've seen that standpoint before but at the end of the day it's my life and I'm willing to take the risk (an educated risk). Hair loss has been ruining my life for 6 years already and I've already made up my mind.

Thanks for the reply

I've seen the forums you are talking about. Question is, do you know what you're looking for for telltale signs of a good hair transplant because it doesn't appear you do? I'm still learning myself. Search on this site for Cosmedica and see the truth yourself.

The surgeon will be drawing a hairline only whilst his assistants do all the work. You might as well get one done in a backstreet. Is that what you want? It's actually not legal what they're doing. The surgeon should be doing the work.

I cannot see your hairline from your pictures properly but consider this. What if you get to the age of 35 to 40 and your hair starts thinning? You'll be left with what the transplant has given you and then only half the donor hair left to cover a much larger area. You're taking a massive risk, especially with the fact you're not taking medication.