Important Question re grafts

Hi guys

I just got thinking. I was told I would need around 1000s grafts to the hairlin/temples.also that I have alot of 2/3 hair donar grafts. but they would be placed in singles. does this mean that 1000 hairs will be extracted, or will 1000 grafts be extracted and then i will have over 1000 hairs transplanted?? it just has me very curious as to what i would expect to receive?? basically the question is, do you pay for grafts extracted or the number of transplanted hairs as you might extract 1000 grafts and receive 1400 hairs transplanted for example.

Unless your doctor specified during the consultation that the goal is to end up with 1,000 modified, single-hair grafts, I think you'll be charged for the initial extraction of pre-cut, naturally occurring follicular units. However, this can sometimes seem confusing in hairline cases.

Normally, the 1,000 multi-hair grafts will then be largely divided down into the singles, resulting in a higher hair count. You pay per graft/session size, not by the number of hairs transplanted. Might want to discuss this with your surgeon to make sure you're on the same page.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

thanks youngsuccess. il make sure to check with my doctor before i make a decision. iv just come back from thr pharmacy. i live in ireland and my prescription is from a foreign doc. the lady working in the paharmacy said propecia will cost me 240euros per month because its not normally sold in ireland. this is a huge blow to me. i need to find somewhere else to source it now

Originally posted by foreheadgump:

Hi guys

I just got thinking. I was told I would need around 1000s grafts to the hairlin/temples.also that I have alot of 2/3 hair donar grafts. but they would be placed in singles. QUOTE]

Foreheadgump

I do not know your personal situation but, in general, 1000 single-haired grafts is a LOT of 1s. It is good to have 1s in the leading edge of the hairline but if you split every graft into 1-haired grafts, the results won't look as dense as they would if you transplanted the same number of grafts but had intact 2 or 3-haired grafts too.

There is no rule for how you will be charged so you should clear that up with your doctor.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians