1950 Grafts with Dr. Scott Alexander in Arizona

I always knew I'd lose my hair. My mom's dad was bald on his crown and thin in the front. My dad also had the exact same hair loss pattern. So when I began to notice my slightly receding hairline and thinning crown 10 years ago I wasn't that surprised. I believe I am currently Norwood 3 Vortex

I knew shortly thereafter I was going to go anything I needed to correct the hairloss. I began using Nioxin shampoo. My hair loss did seem to slow down around then, but only in the front. My hairline has remained relatively the same for the last 5 years or so, but not sure if that's attributed to genetics or something else.

About 3 years ago I began to seriously think about a hair transplant. It was simply a matter of having the funds and the timing. My financial situation improved drastically over the last three years and so I was in a position to do the surgery this year.

I was happy to find that some of the most respected HT surgeons in the country are right here in Arizona. I narrowed my search down to Dr Sharon Keene and Dr Scott Alexander. I met with Dr Keene first and was very impressed with her. I was almost ready to just move forward with her when I happened to mention to a co-worker that I was planning on getting a HT. He told me a couple of his buddies got it with Dr Alexander, who I was already considering. So I decided to make an appointment with Dr Alexander.

After meeting with Dr Alexander, I decided to go with him. I won't get into the specifics of why, because truthfully there wasn't an overwhelming reason. I'm sure both doctors are excellent but just felt Dr Alexander was a better fit for me.

I completed the surgery on Dec 18, 2015. I got 1,500 grafts on my crown and 450 on the corners of my hairline. I went with strip due to the reduced cost and the fact I won't mind the scar as I always plan on having hair on the back of my head. The procedure was easy, the staff is great, and I was back to work on Monday.

As the hair takes six months to begin growing, I won't have any results for a while. I went to Dr Alexander for a follow up last week and he said the recovery looks great.

As soon as I see some results, I will go back to Dr Alexander for pictures and post them here. Until then I wish you all the best in your hair restoration goals.

Good luck dude! Will be keen to see your pics and progress

I just had surgery with Dr Alexander 2 weeks ago - 1600 in the front and 400 at the crown. I envy you for living round the corner though, I had to travel 15hrs for my surgery! Am sure it's what it though :D

We can compare our growth together - am looking forward to seeing the results.