Tipping technicians after a procedure

JacobS

Phew! That's a new one on me, mate. Shelling out thousands for the procedure ( and flying mega-miles to get it ) is a financial hit enough.

If you feel flush with money, you can always send a donation to those like myself who furnish such valuable information on the forums ( don't laugh).

Just make out a blank cheque to: "Kez...somewhere in the UK...6 months out from a 3,500 procedure for which he paid mega bucks and could do with a replenishment of funds".....

Thank you.

I always thought that tipping was reserved for low-skill, low-paying, service-oriented professions (waiters, cab drivers, hair dressers, etc.). Since I consider them to be highly qualified, well-paid medical professionals, the thought would never have entered my mind. In my mind, it would seem equally unnecessary (and possibly offensive) to tip my dental assistant or my nurse.

While I would not consider a monetary tip, I do like Borderline's idea of sending flowers. I think that would be a very appropriate way of expressing your appreciation for a job well done.

Some techs are in fact nurses. Most physicians would not allow their employees to accept "tips". Having said that it is always wonderful to get that special card of thanks, flowers or something of that nature. It simply says the patient is aware that the techs were important and did a good job!

Ailene

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Brighton is almost exactly 50 miles due south of the great metropolis, right on the ocean. In fact, it's often referred to as "London By The Sea". Lots of trains run between the two, if you're planning a trip. Pretty town. V. cosmopolitan, very "alternative" culture - might even be called "the Amsterdam of England" ( apart from the bloody traffic - Amsterdam has tamed the motor-car )