Should I start taking fin now? 3 weeks post FUE HT

Eurofue

He said not to bother taking it until I notice some thinning on top as I I should get a good coverage for my NW 2/3 with the 3000 grafts. I would rather delay the thinning happening if I'm honest.

I'd love to hear more from others with personal experience on with this.

I'm a 43 year old NW 2/3 ......2 weeks out from a FUE. Wondering what type of postop regimen I should follow. I realize that there is nothing more effective than Propecia/fin astride currently on the market for maintaining and even regrowing hair. However, the side effects scare the crap out of me. What I find most bothersome is the fact that the side effects can persist for a long time after discontinuation of the drug; and in some cases have shown to be permanent! With a 2-10% side effect rate, that's something that's not to be downplayed. Reading some accounts of those who has been irreversibly maimed by this drug, it's absolutely devasting and utterly destroyed these people's lives. Scary stuff.

I mean, I'm happily married (my wife would love me even if I was bald); however, introducing the possibility of ED and all the emotional bagging that that brings with it into my marriage could have very deleterious effects to my happy marriage.

That said, I of course paid a boat load of money for my FUE. It is surgery, and surgery is painful and carries its own set of risk, the recovery process is not 'fun' by any stretch of the imagination. So obviously I would want to do what I can within reason to maintain the hair I have so I don't have to have another FUE for a very long time.

I was going to just try :

Ketoconazole shampoo

Rogaine Foam

Maybe a supplement

And see how my hair loss progress?

But idk? With how effective Propecia in treating andrgenetic allopecia it's kind of hard to say I'm not willing to try it.

Any advice would really be helpful for me as well.????