2000 FUE to Fix Frontal Area Monthly update

I originally posted in the other forum, but I didn't have any pictures + I think it may have been the wrong place to post. Now I have pics! This is my 5.5 months since my Neograft surgery performed in San Antonio. Here pics as of tonight:

This was my hair in the sink on post-op day 14 exactly:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177712-13-days-post-fue-too-much-hair-falling-out.html#post2413904

So, I am 24, and I had the FUE surgery the week before thanksgiving for 2000 grafts to restore my thinning hairline up front and about 2 inches back. My hairline had been thinning the last 3-4 years and I just felt it was time to do something about it. I wasn't too bald up front, but it was kind of noticeably thinner than the rest of my head, and I wanted to get it fixed before I graduate next spring.

The neograft surgery and healing process was easy and I went by the book with the post-op instructions. All of the hair fell out on exactly the 14th day. All of it in one day, which was startling, yet I knew it should start shedding around then - I was just amazed it happened all in one afternoon (In my previous thread, I posted pictures of my sink with the hairs/crusts in it from that day in case anyone wants to see http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ml#post2413904 ). I do take finasteride and have been since the day after the surgery and to this day continue to do exactly as my doctor has instructed. Suggested throwing Argan oil up there every once in a while to keep everything moisturized and I have done that as well.

Anyway, I have been waiting patiently these last 5.5 months for the progress to start to visibly show, yet my hair looks noticeably worse it did prior to surgery. Shedding in the front half of my hair has also increased exponentially and has been crazy ever since a few weeks after the surgery. I can run my hand through my hair and when I look at my hand there are a dozen fairly long (inch or so) hairs between my fingers. It has been like this for months and has not slowed down a bit.

2 weeks ago, my doctor said he saw lots of growth, and he would have a better view of it than I would looking at a mirror, but I do not see anything happening, not even when I really get up close and examine it. I asked if they were just very lightly colored thin hairs and he said no and that they were fairly dark and looked like normal hair.

I know it wont be for about another year until everything is at full maturity, but at 5.5 months, I felt that I would see slight noticeable progress, or at lest feel some stubble starting to emerge from my scalp. So far, however, there has been nothing at all, and it is starting to be slightly concerning. Some people have said that they get small pimples in the recipient area not too long before the hair starts to emerge, but I have not had this yet.

My doctor set up an appointment for an 8 month checkup for the beginning of August. Hopefully I see some real progress over this summer. I seem to be checking all over every day when I wake up (like a kid on christmas!) for any signs, but nothing yet. I understand this is a slow process to get hair back where I want it, but I am starting to get a bit concerned with the lack of progress so far. Should I be starting to be a little concerned yet or am I blowing things out of proportion?

I unfortunately have no photos to post of me the day before surgery, but just looking in the mirror and comparing it to what I remember it looking like last fall is what I have relied on.

I would love input from other people on the forum, and I plan on keeping this as a monthly update thread hopefully.

Edited by David - Moderator