European based surgeons

Cork

Hello folks and thanks for making this community a great resource of information.

I have decided I will definitely get a transplant in about 6-9 months. I am currently a Norwood 6 (29 male, balding since 21) and as I am in Ireland I would prefer a European based surgeon.

From reading a lot of forum posts and articles the names that pop up repeatedly are Feriduni and Bisanga.

I have tried to research surgeons however aside from pictures which I will never put much faith in, considering what can be done with Photoshop, and not having enough medical knowledge to evaluate other factors the best I can do is go with the general consensus of who the best surgeons are.

There is a lot of information out there of peoples personal experience with surgeons which is a good way to judge each surgeon and procedure but there seems to be a lack of information on post op medication.

First and foremost, will I have to take medication every day for as long as I want to maintain my new hair and stop further hair loss?

I was reading on another large hair loss forum that a 58 year old man stopped taking Finasteride 13 years post op as he thought it was causing erectile dysfunction and within 4 weeks he experienced massive hair loss.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction to get more information on pre and post op medication even if it is not a one size fits all situation.

Hi Cork

In terms of the meds it is considered a good idea to take them before a hair transplant procedure, i took 1mg propecia 12 months before my first op, but quit around 6 months after as i was experiencing annoying sexual/libido issues, ive actually started up again as im worried about my crown expanding, i just take .25 a day now and dont seem to be getting any sides so far

You dont need to take it to maintain new transplanted hair as they are dht resistant, it helps to preserve what you currently have left and may even regrow some hair

I noticed that it actually seemed to thicken my donor hair before my first op which is obviously a good thing.

I'd get on it straight away if i was you, start off on a low dose like .25mg a day for a few weeks, then up it gradually to .5mg and then 1mg if you feel that your body can tolerate the drug.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Hi Cork

In terms of the meds it is considered a good idea to take them before a hair transplant procedure, i took 1mg propecia 12 months before my first op, but quit around 6 months after as i was experiencing annoying sexual/libido issues, ive actually started up again as im worried about my crown expanding, i just take .25 a day now and dont seem to be getting any sides so far

You dont need to take it to maintain new transplanted hair as they are dht resistant, it helps to preserve what you currently have left and may even regrow some hair

I noticed that it actually seemed to thicken my donor hair before my first op which is obviously a good thing.

I'd get on it straight away if i was you, start off on a low dose like .25mg a day for a few weeks, then up it gradually to .5mg and then 1mg if you feel that your body can tolerate the drug.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )