I just got propecia and have questions

Pk-hair

Aim for preventing more loss, but if you're lucky it'll grow more.

See if you can get some Proscar and cut it into 1/4s, it's the same stuff, but higher doses.

xxy, I been the same for almost 4 years no more shedding. My hair is thin, not complete scalp on the crown. So its possible that grow more cause I am using rogaine foam. My second day and how soon you think for results to show????

Procar? I can ask my doctor?? Thanks

Originally posted by xxy:

Aim for preventing more loss, but if you're lucky it'll grow more.

See if you can get some Proscar and cut it into 1/4s, it's the same stuff, but higher doses.

Originally posted by Pk-hair:

xxy, I been the same for almost 4 years no more shedding. My hair is thin, not complete scalp on the crown. So its possible that grow more cause I am using rogaine foam. My second day and how soon you think for results to show????

Procar? I can ask my doctor?? Thanks

I don't know as much as the other guys here, but from personal experience, Rogaine has been very good for me. I'm nearing the end of my second bottle (liquid, not foam) and the difference is quite noticable.

You can ask your doctor to write you a prescription for Proscar, but it's a prostate medicine, so it could mess with your insurance. You're probably just better off buying some online - some of the other guys here might be able to recommend a good site. it doesn't have to be Proscar brand, a generic might be fine, too.

I don't know what the prices are there, but I paid US$11 for 10 pills, which would last over a month.

• 2 weeks later...

is proscar prescribed legally for hairloss?

Originally posted by moses0324:

^^you can get proscar or general finasteride...

proscar is about 120.00 for 4 months

general finasteride is 82.00 for four months

obviously price will vary from pharmacy to pharmacy...