10 months on Finasteride - NO MORE! Reverse the adverse??

JacquesBrian

So I began Finasteride in April with high hopes. By mid-summer I was experiencing the typical shedding period that many endure. Also, since the 2 or 3 month mark, my "V" receding hairline has been digging in drastically (which hadn't been the problem from the start [it was the crown]) No changes to my crown, beneficial or not.

Minox is not an option since I experienced a growth on my neck from a week's use.

I am basically at a crossroads. I promised myself to give Finasteride a full year's go. I'm thinking of cutting short due to (mild) weight gain and further hair thinning in areas that weren't an issue upon starting the drug.

My question is to open dialogue about the reversal of hairloss experienced while on the drug. At first I thought it was the initial shed, but it may be that FIN is just not for me. Is there a possibility that my V front hairline will fill in after quitting?

Share experiences please. Thank you

So I began Finasteride in April with high hopes. By mid-summer I was experiencing the typical shedding period that many endure. Also, since the 2 or 3 month mark, my "V" receding hairline has been digging in drastically (which hadn't been the problem from the start [it was the crown]) No changes to my crown, beneficial or not.

Minox is not an option since I experienced a growth on my neck from a week's use.

I am basically at a crossroads. I promised myself to give Finasteride a full year's go. I'm thinking of cutting short due to (mild) weight gain and further hair thinning in areas that weren't an issue upon starting the drug.

My question is to open dialogue about the reversal of hairloss experienced while on the drug. At first I thought it was the initial shed, but it may be that FIN is just not for me. Is there a possibility that my V front hairline will fill in after quitting?

Share experiences please. Thank you

It is really important to look at pictures from before and after. I have been on finasteride for 7 months now, went through the thinning and now have quite a bit of growth. I was a 3V when starting. My 'V' in front looks more pronounced - but I was having thinning on top and this has thickened up making the contrast between hair and no hair more dramatic. :rolleyes:. The crown is responding well - but apart from the V in front I had quite a bit of hair (though miniaturizing) when I started finasteride.

I've seen this with HT too when people have only had the top done (not the crown), where the new hair on top accentuates the crown baldness, whereas when they had no hair on top, the crown was not so noticeable.

Some objective pictures might help, but my experience is that it really improved areas I had hair making the contrast with the V in front greater.

It is really important to look at pictures from before and after. I have been on finasteride for 7 months now, went through the thinning and now have quite a bit of growth. I was a 3V when starting. My 'V' in front looks more pronounced - but I was having thinning on top and this has thickened up making the contrast between hair and no hair more dramatic. :rolleyes:. The crown is responding well - but apart from the V in front I had quite a bit of hair (though miniaturizing) when I started finasteride.

I've seen this with HT too when people have only had the top done (not the crown), where the new hair on top accentuates the crown baldness, whereas when they had no hair on top, the crown was not so noticeable.

Some objective pictures might help, but my experience is that it really improved areas I had hair making the contrast with the V in front greater.

I agree with you good post.