Galeatomy

zeppa

I'd like to know if galeatomy is still advised nowadays? Has anyone undergone such a procedure?

For those who wouldn't know what galeatomy is, it consists in performing fine cuts in a thin layer of muscle above the scalp - the galea - in order to unstress it. It is assumed that galea stressing is linked to male pattern hairloss. The cuts in the galea make it floppy again, releasing the tension exerted on the follicles and allowing blood flood enhancement. Therefore, hairloss is stabilized for a time (about ten years). I happen to know that galeatomy was very useful when performed before HT procedures just to keep and improve the density of the remaining hair.

That's vague theory... I'd like to know more...

What do surgeons think about it?

Thank you

27-NW2/3

I'd like to know if galeatomy is still advised nowadays? Has anyone undergone such a procedure?

For those who wouldn't know what galeatomy is, it consists in performing fine cuts in a thin layer of muscle above the scalp - the galea - in order to unstress it. It is assumed that galea stressing is linked to male pattern hairloss. The cuts in the galea make it floppy again, releasing the tension exerted on the follicles and allowing blood flood enhancement. Therefore, hairloss is stabilized for a time (about ten years). I happen to know that galeatomy was very useful when performed before HT procedures just to keep and improve the density of the remaining hair.

That's vague theory... I'd like to know more...

What do surgeons think about it?

Thank you

27-NW2/3

Galeatomy is supposed to increase bloodflow to your scalp but there is enough already. It wont stop your hairloss or slow it down. This surgery is banned in north america and only performed by moneydigging doctors in countries where it isnt banned yet, like Belgium icon_mad.gif!!!

Clinics who perform this should be banned from your list!!

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

It's nice to see you again!

Yes, I happened to know galeatomy was banned in North America and I must say it's kinda weird it's still available in Belgium, a rather serious country regarding surgery and medecine.

I think we need more opinions about that. I don't know what doctors think about it...

27-NW2/3