How to use Toppik or Dermatch

Hi All,

I am facing a bit difficulty in using Toppik . I ordered my first can of Toppick last week, After I apply it to my hair and when I touch my hair I could see my fingers turn black..Is there any way to make the fibers fixed with out getting it on to the fingers

Same is the case with Dermatch

Please let me know

I use Nanogen Locking Mist and to be honest I find it far better than any other spray I've used when it comes to keeping my Toppik fibres locked in.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

As a user of Toppik for several years now, I've gotten quite good at making sure it stays where it's supposed to, mostly through the use of hair spray. Apply the Toppik (I HIGHLY suggest the use of the "spray applicator" they sell, because its far more precise than shaking the fibers onto your head, unless you have a wide area to cover), then mist the area with the hair spray. After the spray dries, gently "tap" your head in the toppik-applied region to see if any fibers dislodge - most should stay put for the rest of the day, unless you get very sweaty and/or wet from swimming/rain/etc.

Completely forgot to mention the spray applicator. This is a MUST! I couldn't imagine using the product without it.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Completely forgot to mention the spray applicator. This is a MUST! I couldn't imagine using the product without it.

I have very small areas to cover on front line...I just ordered one spray applicator in Amazon...how to use it? just fit to Toppik and spray /?

Edited by machman

Yep, you just remove the little shaker top (the plastic bit with holes) from your toppik container and screw on the sprayer. You'll see very quickly that the spray applicator is great for covering smaller areas of 'problem hair'. The shaker method works well for the crown area, but it's a real pain to use effectively anywhere else.