Megasessions vs. Multiple Surgeries

active34

I've seen pros and cons of both scattered around, but I'd like to get some general input about which you guys think is best.

Megasessions obviously offer more FUs per procedure. This is less costly than multiple sessions. However, I've heard that more FUs result in a longer and wider donor scar. Repeat surgeries usually rely on the original smaller scar area for additional donor hair.

Do you guys think it's best to go with as many FUs as possible in order to avoid going through a second procedure (as long as you don't become greedy), or can better results with less scaring and fewer post-op problems be realized with smaller and, perhaps, multiple sessions?

I've seen pros and cons of both scattered around, but I'd like to get some general input about which you guys think is best.

Megasessions obviously offer more FUs per procedure. This is less costly than multiple sessions. However, I've heard that more FUs result in a longer and wider donor scar. Repeat surgeries usually rely on the original smaller scar area for additional donor hair.

Do you guys think it's best to go with as many FUs as possible in order to avoid going through a second procedure (as long as you don't become greedy), or can better results with less scaring and fewer post-op problems be realized with smaller and, perhaps, multiple sessions?

Active - I cant think of any justifiable reason, other than lack of funds, that would cause someone to want to do multiple HT's as opposed to doing as few as possible...all other things being equal (scalp laxity, donor hair site, etc), why would you want to put yourself through something like this more than once if you didn't have to?

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???