When to shower/rub off scabs post op? (and how to do so)

Hey, I got a transplant 2 weeks ago, and was curious if this is, in general, considered the right time to gently remove the scabs, or dead white fatty tissue at the base of the transplants, and what is a recommended way to do so...

simply use a gentle shampoo under a gentle shower spray, and gently massage in circular motion?

Also, is it recommended to start minoxidil at this point, or should I wait another week while I shampoo the scabs off?

Saline spray in a water bottle. Keep spraying to keep it moisturized and let the scabs fall off themselves at their own time. Seems like it will take a long time, but eventually they're all gone.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Saline spray in a water bottle. Keep spraying to keep it moisturized and let the scabs fall off themselves at their own time. Seems like it will take a long time, but eventually they're all gone.

But I should apparently start applying minox at the 2-3 week mark when scabs have come off, and when I feel my scalp, there's a ton of scabby bumps left. I haven't been too consistent with the saline (but did it about 4 times a day like Dr. Charles seems to reccomend), so I'll try to apply it ever couple of hours,

but there's a ton of different post op instructions... I think I've read that Dr. Rahal for example suggests gently rubbing off the scabs in the shower with shampoo after the 2 week mark.

Should I still apply minox even with the scabs? And it would mean rubbing it in... so it would probably be the same as gently rubbing with shampoo.

It's safe to rub them away at this point and you'll probably find that they come away very easily. Mine didn't need much encouragement. Although expect a few days at least to pass before they've all gone.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com