propecia side effects

hairIosssucks

so i am 21m and just started on propecia .25 mg 10 days ago and i have already started experiencing one of its lovely side effects. for the last few days i have been experiencing dull testicular aches on an almost constant bases. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it went away for you. i am really motivated to keep taking this medication so i'm hoping this side effect will go away soon. any suggestions?

Hmm, that sucks. Our balls our so very important to us. I'd suggest to keep on it for a while and/or discuss it with your doctor. My doctor (who is a HT transplant doc) who prescribed me it, has his patients go down in their dosage if their side effects persist. For me, the very first time I got on it I had a few physical and annoying side effects. But after about a month they subsided and my body adjusted.

Also, if you're able to get your doc to prescribe Finasteride, it's a ridiculously cheaper than name brand Propecia. You just have to cut your own pills. Some docs won't do it because, you know the pharmaceutical business keeps those perks coming to the doctors non-stop. If yours doesn't, find a new doc.

Good luck, 21 is a really smart age to start in on this pill.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

thankyou for the reply. i decided to stop taking propecia 2 days ago because i noticed i was no longer having morning erections and it was becoming difficult to achieve an erection and my libido has definitely dropped. i figured if im having these side effects this early and on such a low dose, things will probably get worse and i dont want to risk damaging my body. do you know if these side effects will go away? and how long will it take? im kinda freaking out about the whole "permanent" side effect thing.