Glad I found this forum

Hi,

I just joined this site after considering a HT for some time now. I'm 30, been thinning at a slow rate since I was about 16. I noticed my crown is about gone and the rest of my hair is ever so slowly thinning, but some days it still looks ok (anyone experience what I mean?). I have window's peaks (if that's what they're called) that I've had since I was about 16, they don't bother me, but I see what's left gradually getting thinner and growing shorter.

Within the last year I really started looking at HT's. I tried using rogaine, didn't do much to help, and thought I would begin to look for a real solution. I do not and will not take propecia or any other drug for that matter. I had a consultation with Dr. in Nashville ( I can't name him for some reason). I met with his consultant and he showed me some pictures of clients, answered some of my questions, and made me feel welcome. I never actually met the Dr. I was planning on going through with the procedure sometime in the coming months. However, I started researching HT's more and what caught my eye was "shock loss" and some other things. I'm one of these people that moves very slow when making a "purchase".

Upon discovering some of the side effects of HT's, I tried to find some info about "This Dr." other than his website and what was shown in my consultation. I found a thread about it on this site and nobody had ever heard of him, not saying that he is bad or anything, but I would like more info from the "community" on the proper procedures to go through with a HT given limited ability to travel before I go through with it. I also discovered, on this site, that another Dr. in Nashville, Dr. Jack Fisher, was recommended (though I just found this out last night and haven't made an appointment to get a consultation yet). So since I'm normally moving at a snail's pace, I wanted to give it more time and talk with Dr. Fisher while at the same time get over some of the fear of the "side effects", if any actually happen.

I have lots of questions, that I will try and ask later as I better figure out how to word them and have more time. I just wanted to join, hopefully get some feedback about my decision to move slowly, and maybe get some feedback about the doctors I mentioned as I would like to use someone local for work related reasons.

Thanks for the great site and I'll be posting as I can.

I also discovered, on this site, that another Dr. in Nashville, Dr. Jack Fisher, was recommended (though I just found this out last night and haven't made an appointment to get a consultation yet).

It was a bit confusing, since it sounded like you found him on this site.

brock2323,

Welcome! I have to admit, I also thought that you were under the impression that this community recommend Dr. Fisher in TN.

You can find a complete list of our recommended physicians worldwide here. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

I look forward to your participation in our community.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website