Only 23, yet have suffered from hair loss my whole life (since 8)

Well LongGone, if by some freak cosmic coincidence you actually are Naomi Campbell, don't tell anyone or else the Paparazzi will be all over you like wolves on a wandering lamb - I mean look at the way they hound John Travolta and Nicholas Cage about their hair troubles, and they're old men! :)

Also KO, I think she mentioned that her mom made her braid tightly when she was younger, but she goes all-natural and doesn't braid it at all now if I remember correctly. [EDIT] - Here's the quote from further back in the thread...

So yeah. No more damage being done, thankfully; she just needs to get the older damage undone.

I think I just saw a thread on here within the last few days, posted in the Results Posted By Patients forum, of a successful AA transplant. If I find it again I'll link to it.

Ahh I read the other comment about me possibly being NC and got sidetracked so I didnt see this comment initally but thank you for highlighting points I'd already discussed.. I will look for that thread if you don't post it first. Thanks again!

HairLongGone & Lagrandeur29,

I'm an african-american male who had a hair transplant (HT) 2.5 months ago. I suffered from male pattern baldness (Norwood 5) & I know how the both of you feel. It's still early to tell if I can see any results but I'm happy I made the decision to have it done. I went to Dr. Arocha in Houston, TX so he is worth contacting; I would recommend contacting a few of the recommended HT doctors on this network. Keep doing research on this network to fully understand the process of having an HT done.

I sure will and thanks. Finding the perfect Dr to have the procedure done is top priority for me as some of the horrifying HT stories I've come across has all but scared me to pieces about going through with this.. But my decision still stands! I want to fully be able to embrace all I've grown to love about my hair on this natural journey. Styling is very difficult with this issue haunting me everyday.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 12/1/2022 at 5:36 AM, abuja1530 said:

Not sure why you are bumping a 10 year old thread, and my reply isn't helping obviously.. but I really felt bad for OP, what a horrible thing to go through and completely preventable.. I wonder what happened with OPs situation

9 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

Not sure why you are bumping a 10 year old thread, and my reply isn't helping obviously.. but I really felt bad for OP, what a horrible thing to go through and completely preventable.. I wonder what happened with OPs situation

First word (Braids) is a hyperlink to spam, this happens all the time, find a thread/bump it and hope someone will click on the link. 

• Face Palm 1