Need advice on repairing traction alopecia spots

Stones2012

Hi guys. My names Ron and this is my 1st post, go EZ. :)

I am in my early 40's and have been wearing my hair at a level one to sometimes shaved clean for a few years now. Im a norwood 5 about. I would love to have my long flowing hair of my youth but its long gone. I wore a piece for a few years and it left me with a few spots of traction alopecia on my scalp. They are relatively small (about 1.5 inches long and maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch tall. I am self conscious about them. Ive been reading about FUE here and it looks interesting but I am not sure that would allow me to keep my hair real short like I do.

Is there anything else I can do for the spots ? When I am tan they are less noticeable, but they don't tan the same as the rest of my head. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Stones2012,

Welcome! FUE may work for you but there can be no guarantees regarding the visibility of scarring.

Your best bet is to consult with a recommended hair restoration physician. They'll be able to assist you in making the most informed decision.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website